Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can Somebody Help explain my dream please?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Can Somebody Help explain my dream please?

Postby Trace » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:52 am

In my dream i was in an unknown house with my grandpa, grandma and all my pets. We just brought home a new cat, and while petting this cat a spider came off of it, This spider was similar too a daddy long leg only a great deal bigger with purple on its back. It ran right at me, i tried hitting it with various objects too kill it but it was unaffected. Somehow it ended up on me, and i freaked out. But every time i would get it off of me it would end up right back on me somehow. At one point i threw it off in the living room and ran into the bathroom and it was on my shoulder. It was speaking too me in a female voice. It was saying "I might have forgotten about her but she could never forget about me, and i shouldnt have tried too replace her, And we were married before and i would never get rid of her."

I am an 18 year old male and have never been married before. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
-Trace
Trace
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Can Somebody Help explain my dream please?

Postby shadowofwind » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 am

Hi. I think this spider is a 'thought', though that word doesn't capture its nature very well. Its attracted to your stream of consciousness sort of like a moth to a light, and if you hold it in the stream for a moment it will play out its little story then go dormant or disappear. Its probably not your thought, barring something like reincarnation, but its attracted to you for some reason. I would guess that something about you is like the woman, and its making a sort of apology, or something about you is like the man, and its warning you for the future.

I guess this description seems strange if you're used to thinking that thoughts can be understood entirely as electrochemical interactions between neurons. But in my experience the neuron/computer description only captures one aspect of what thinking is, and for this other aspect the bug-that-won't-go-away analogy is as good as any.
shadowofwind
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Lucid Dreams