Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The meaning of Dreaming

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

The meaning of Dreaming

Postby Stacey Hub » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:06 am

Do you ever wake up in the morning and say, “that was an amazing dream!” Do you ever wonder what your dreams mean? I have been dreaming vividly for years. And I have been asking myself for a long time; what do my dreams mean. I want to share an excerpt from a book that answered so many questions for me.

THE SUBCONSCIOUS MEMORY

The subconscious memory may be the direct cause of certain dreams. When the mind is centered on certain things, the sleeper goes over his life again and again in phantom fashion. He lives over the experiences of his daily life. Very often the ego enlightens the sleeper of some material thing for his own benefit, which he may use advantageously in his waking state, but as he generally looks at the phenomena of dreams as an hallucination of the brain, he allows many a golden opportunity to slip through his fingers because the materialist's brain cannot grasp things of the spirit. All the knowledge and rubbish of our past live is stored up in the subconscious mind where it remains in minute form. Memory is only the awakening of the subconscious mind, a long and forgotten incident, that has made a deep impression on the mind, is apt to filter through into the conscious state in dreams. In time of illness or when one's vitality is low, the dream picture of the past is apt to play a very prominent part in one's sleep. Childhood and long forgotten scenes come up frequently and appear as real and genuine as if they had only happened the previous day. They frequently give the dreamer joy or sorrow, according to the stages he passed through. Even action of past lives may come up into the subconscious. Dreams of running around nude without any feeling of shame may be the memory of a previous existence. Falling from a high cliff or trees. Being chased around by some wild animals may be attributed to a primitive past. Dreaming of primitive people, places and things, only takes the dreamer a step nearer the Stone Age, from whence he came. Instead of looking at these subconscious dreams with horror and dread as some people do they should study them and shape their lives accordingly.
Stacey Hub

Re: The meaning of Dreaming

Postby elektrowhiteboy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:49 am

Hi. But what about dreams where you are just hanging out? No real symbols anywhere to be seen. Is it possible to look forward to your dreaming state as a hidden hangout place? :infinity:
elektrowhiteboy

Postby Djakote » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:40 am

Sometimes I really think there are places you dream of that are like shelters from life/adversity/problems. It's like a time-out. I have a dream like that, tho full of symbols, or perhaps just full of things I really like. It's peaceful and I don't do much of anything, except sit and look at the scenery and enjoy the breeze. Perhaps this is the subconscious making you slow down.
Djakote

Postby iDimTrvl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:31 am

In my opinion, dreams are gateways. People tend to think they are mere hallucinations or collages of memories and experience. But consider the dreams of things, people or places you have never seen or met before. The symbolism you would never have consciously grasped. The messages that are clearly not from you.

When you dream, your brain is bathed in a drug called DMT. This same chemical is released in massive quantities at the time of bodily death. Now, you may say this is just further evidence that these are only drug-laced fantasies. But much research around DMT has been performed, and anyone who has ingested it while conscious reports an out-of-body or near-death experience. It always includes a feeling of intense velocity (being catapulted across the cosmos), and the integration of massive knowledge, as from God. And as with dreaming, upon waking the experience is fleeting. I believe this is because our fleshy minds are incapable of truly grasping such a perspective-bending experience. God is too great, the cosmos too vast to fit inside our small craniums.

So while these dreams have flung the gates open, our consciousness, subconsciousness, and spirit are free to roam, or to be guided, through the vastness and vaguery of the universe. Often someone out there has something personal to show us when we visit. That is why I think we commonly think we are dreaming only inside of our own minds. But there is much, much more out there to be explored.

The dreamland is real. It just doesn't play by the same rules we are used to. :dreams:
iDimTrvl

Return to Lucid Dreams