Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

How Do you make your lucid dreams last?!?!?!

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

How Do you make your lucid dreams last?!?!?!

Postby Guardian » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 pm

This has happened to me a few times already the most recent time was last night i try to fall asleep and maintain conciousness this works sometimes and ill come into my dreams without losing conciousness in between when i do i get really excited and cant stop from waking up after a minute or two does any one know techniques to prevent this :?
Guardian
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: How Do you make your lucid dreams last?!?!?!

Postby CaramelFlame » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Not really sure--- just continuous practice and keeping a dream journal would be my advice=)
CaramelFlame
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby RoseBlue » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 pm

When I first started to lucid dream and I know that I was I would wake up right after I knew it was lucid. I would ask my friend questions and before he could reply the dream would either change or I would wake up. I can't really explain how to not wake up other than to calm yourself or think of something happy. Sometimes I would do things I really like to do like fly or gynmastics and that seems to make them last longer. Now I seem to be a natural but when it comes to dreaming about Scott I can't always seem to keep them lucid sometimes it works some times it don't. You can also try meditating it could improve your lucid dreams.
RoseBlue
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Pisceanfool » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:15 pm

like they said practice and eventually its less exillerating to achieve lucidity. everyone seems to have this problem at first. best advice i can give other then practice and time is go with the flow of the dream and let things happen. eventually you can gain more control and stay asleep or wake up whenever you want. i'll give this advice for future use... your subconcious or whatever will try and trick you if you control too much, every once in awhile let it show you things once you get better. it does not always like being a play thing... plus there is so much more you can do with lucidity then just have fun! just keep at it.

Hope this helps
Pisceanfool

Postby Guardian » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

rose blue and piscean thanks for the help il start practicing those pointers
Guardian
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby RoseBlue » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:39 pm

you're welcome :)
RoseBlue
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby aphoenix » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:07 pm

I had the same problems many years ago...being too excited and waking up.
First thing is to R E L A X - Act "as if" THIS IS NORMAL.
It takes practice, of course, but you will eventually realize you are
conscious within the dream and you have the power to be an observer
as well as a participant.
This opens up numerous options for you in terms of controlling the outcome,
and being PRESENT within the dream scenario.
Over time you will find your dreams deeply satisfying and productive.
Keep at it. The fun is yet to begin!
aphoenix
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams