Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What is a Lucid Dream

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

What is a Lucid Dream

Postby SoSweet » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:18 am

What is a Lucid Dream and how can I have one ?
SoSweet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: What is a Lucid Dream

Postby lucid dreamer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Here is a long article from Wikipedia on what a lucid dream is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

and here is a long article on Wikihow on how to lucid dream. All the articles say basically the same thing so I'll just post this one. The article from Wikipedia also talks about how to lucid dream.
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream[url][/url]

Under step one, it talks about How to Jump Into A Parallel Universe & Meet Your Doppelgänger. I suggest not trying to meat your Doppelgänger and here is an article from Wikipedia as to why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Personally, I'd rather try to meet my dream guide (again) than try to meet my Doppelgänger.
"Dreams are places where you can seek answers to questions. Why dream if you don't have any questions to answer?"
~Lucid Dreamer
lucid dreamer
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby DreamGoddess996 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

[/quote]Under step one, it talks about How to Jump Into A Parallel Universe & Meet Your Doppelgänger. I suggest not trying to meat your Doppelgänger and here is an article from Wikipedia as to why.

Personally, I'd rather try to meet my dream guide (again) than try to meet my Doppelgänger.[/quote]

Lucid you crack me up man, ROFL. This is a very important thing to remember so sweet. Doppelganger=bad.

Who is your dream guide Lucid?
On the wind a whisper carries you home.
DreamGoddess996
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby lucid dreamer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 pm

I don't know, I haven't net her recently so I haven't been able to ask her what here name is. She's pretty awesome though.
"Dreams are places where you can seek answers to questions. Why dream if you don't have any questions to answer?"
~Lucid Dreamer
lucid dreamer
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby DreamGoddess996 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 am

I dont know that I have ever met my dream guide. Maybe I should try :-)
On the wind a whisper carries you home.
DreamGoddess996
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SoSweet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks so much Lucid Dreamer :) is the dopplerganger is evil ?
SoSweet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby pattypohaku » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 am

doppelgangers traditionally have a bad rap in cultures, but on the wikipedia site they are referring you to the the Quantum Jumping site. This gentlemen teaches you how to jump to parallel universes through lucid dreaming to talk to other versions of yourself to learn new talents and new accomplishments and bring them back into this reality.
I have used his system and it works very well.
pattypohaku
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby lucid dreamer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 pm

~Lucid Dreamer
lucid dreamer
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby shift1085 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 pm

woah those are cool tequniques i think i'll use those ^^
~Shift~ :apple:
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby lucid dreamer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Here is another link that might help with lucid dreaming. It is a link that talks about meditation for lucid dreaming.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/meditation.html
~Lucid Dreamer
lucid dreamer
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby lucid dreamer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:57 am

Here's another link talking about how to lucid. It's actually about dream yoga and lucidity. It might have the same information as the other links I posted but it's a little easier to understand in this one the way he describes things.

http://luciddreamyoga.blogspot.com/
~Lucid Dreamer
lucid dreamer
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Green Dragon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 pm

PattyPohaku. Funny you talked about learning your other selves. I had a dream where I was watching a man struggling to learn to use a wheel chair and distinctly remember/know that in the dream that is my father and that I was an only child. I am not an only child in this life and the man in the wheel chair does not look like my father in this life at all yet in the dream I know the "facts" to be true. It really felt I was all of sudden become another person in another life. Do you think I actually travelled to an alternate universe and was looking through the eyes of another version of my self?
Green Dragon
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Nostalgic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 am

lucid dreamer wrote:Here is a long article from Wikipedia on what a lucid dream is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

and here is a long article on Wikihow on how to lucid dream. All the articles say basically the same thing so I'll just post this one. The article from Wikipedia also talks about how to lucid dream.
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream[url][/url]

Under step one, it talks about How to Jump Into A Parallel Universe & Meet Your Doppelgänger. I suggest not trying to meat your Doppelgänger and here is an article from Wikipedia as to why.

Personally, I'd rather try to meet my dream guide (again) than try to meet my Doppelgänger.

I do have lucid dreams but want to have more, the info helped thx
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

Postby Rooftops » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 am

My brother says that every time he has a dream he is aware he is dreaming and can control what is going on. He's not on medication or anything, so is that lucid? In fact is it even normal? (When he told me I thought it was a bit weird because I almost never have controllable dreams).
"Dreams are as advice given by a very wise - very drunk - old man. A wealth of knowledge behind them, yes, but always, always to be treated with cynicism."
Rooftops
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby spazchicken » Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Rooftops wrote:My brother says that every time he has a dream he is aware he is dreaming and can control what is going on. He's not on medication or anything, so is that lucid? In fact is it even normal? (When he told me I thought it was a bit weird because I almost never have controllable dreams).

Yep, that is lucid dreaming. I don't think that you can control EVERY dream you have because you have several in one night. You can usually control the ones early in the morning (like 4:00-5:00am if you were to go to bed around 11:00pm or so) or if you take a nap soon after waking up.

The first step is to even remember your dreams in the first place. The good old fashioned dream journal :)
spazchicken
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby jellybean » Wed May 12, 2010 4:45 pm

a lucid dream is when you realise ur dreaming and u can control urself in the dream...i've only done that like twice
jellybean
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby socialbutterfly » Thu May 13, 2010 8:02 pm

im a lucid dreamer and ive always been.Lucid dreaming is another way of saying you can control ur dreams.The best way to have a lucid experiece is to take sleeping pills.
socialbutterfly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Miki » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I've only had one lucid dream and everything I said that was going to happen... happened but in a different way. Like, I said a monster was going to come through my window, but a guy came in instead..... haha, it was actually kinda funny. :)
Miki
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby scarfina » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 am

Miki wrote:I've only had one lucid dream and everything I said that was going to happen... happened but in a different way. Like, I said a monster was going to come through my window, but a guy came in instead..... haha, it was actually kinda funny. :)

HAHA- That is funny, would've been funnier if he was a mime! But I could totally picture that, "Here I am!" lol- good one!
scarfina
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Nancydective » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Am I werid that since I was 4 (my first dreaming experince I remember) and always knew I am dreaming but having no control over my dreams till last night?
I, bann all. Who says I am dead/knows not all/ I'm two gals within Cornwall/the warrior sleeping between Hall and Cavernhole/take on my mighty role. Want to know know what this ^ means? check out www.aatwforummotion.ca
Nancydective
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby kitty1389 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:06 am

I have a question. What if you already met yourself in a dream. Does that count as a doppelganger?
*«*kitty*»*
kitty1389
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby shift1085 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 pm

idk. whenever i'm in trouble i can split in two and my other self ends up being the one shot or attacked n shit. :rofl:
does that count? :rasberry:
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby iluvluciddreams97 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 pm

A lucid dream is a dream where you know that your dreaming
I myself don't have as much lucid dreams as I do waking dreams so I haven't really figured out how to lucid dream, its more like I'm having a fairly vivd dream, realize I'm dreaming and practice controlling and now I know many techniques to controlling. making in exactly what you want, and making it the fairy tale you'd wish you'd live in, (if you are curios about which techniques to use to control your dreams just ask and I will answer if I see it)
some research on waking dreams:
"This is a dream where you are alert and conscious, but you don't realize you are dreaming until you wake up. Typical examples are of waking up, going to the washroom or a normal everyday pattern you follow when you wake up. Only to wake up again to realize that all that was just a dream. This is where lucid dreaming and semi-conscious dreaming are sharing your waking-consciousness. If you have these dreams, it's a small step over to lucid dreaming."
some research on lucid dreams:
" When we are awake, we associate this with being who we are. It is the part of us in charge of all the decision making we do in the day. It is who think we are as an awake human. But in a dream state, our waking consciousness is normally turned off, so all the important faculties such as analytical abilities, logic and questioning tend to be dormant. But in a lucid dream, you literally walk a door from physical reality into one of pure mental existence. Your thoughts effortlessly paint the dreamscape and you have full mental faculties as you would if you were awake. Lucid dreaming is probably one of the best forms of dreaming that I can think of. You extend your conscious existence into a realm where you are the creator. Your abilities to imagine are increased to quantum levels where the very thought of a building can create architecture unlike anything imagined in our physical world. This is a place where you discover just how real and unlimited your imagination can be. The level or quality of the dream is yours to command. The rules of conduct are yours to decide. Anything imaginable can be expressed in fluid graceful motion in this dreamscape. It also opens
up a great avenue for your curiosity. Learning can be conducted, you can experiment with your thoughts and beliefs. Create music, art, cities, worlds, universes all in the instant of your own thoughts? Unimaginable? Only if you cannot conceive the possibility. After all, you’re the one now holding the pen."

research was found in the website of: http://www.whispy.com/types_dreams_kinds_dreams.htm
where there are explanations on other kinds of dreams as well
iluvluciddreams97
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby shift1085 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 pm

change a setting?
astral travel?
run quickly?
:?: :?: :?: :?:
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby iluvluciddreams97 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Nancydective wrote:Am I werid that since I was 4 (my first dreaming experince I remember) and always knew I am dreaming but having no control over my dreams till last night?

No its not weird at all, controlling dreams is known to take a while to master or learn how to do
by the way, you are soo lucky that you always know when your dreaming, I absolutely love it when I lucid dream which is like really rare
iluvluciddreams97
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby ^love_luna^ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am

So, a lucid dream is, basically, when you know your dreaming and can control your actions?
^love_luna^
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby shift1085 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:06 pm

:D yep!
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby ^love_luna^ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:28 pm

lol then ive had it plenty of times when im trying to go back to sleep... but i never knew wat it was...
^love_luna^
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: will my dream mean anything if I interfere?

Postby morenadime » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 am

From my understanding, a lucid dream is being aware that you are dreaming and the dreamer could possible control what happens in them. I am always aware I am dreaming, so this is not the problem. One problem is that I cannot always control what happens, I can't fly or transform into anything. One thing is for sure, I know I cannot die. I've been ran over, beaten, stabbed, shot, jumped from high cliffs always landing on my feet. Anyway, I was a little confused because even though people would like the ability to control their dreams, will the meaning of the dream mean anything if you interfere with it? This is why most of the time, I let me dreams play out. My dreams seem very real and are very detailed. I see faces, colors, etc. and my dreams are like situations that happen in reality. Of course I have had dreams where their are aliens, Im flying and other unrealistic things that make it obvious Im dreaming, but I am aware of the small things too that are more real like getting poison ivy (but I havent been in leafy ares so I know I dont have it and its just a dream) or a dream that could happen, such as a robber breaking into my house but then it starts repeating itself so I know I am dreaming. When I am really scared and having a nightmare, I would love to wake myself up which I have tried but I become paralyzed. I can literally feel my eyes fluttering, trying to open and my arms lifting but I cannot wake up. Sometimes I even try to talk or scream and I feel my lips mumbling. Other then that I don't know if I would like to change what happens in my dream because I don't want to interfere with the meaning of it. So my question is will the meaning of the dream mean anything if you interfere with it?
morenadime
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby CluelessDreamer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:25 pm

DreamGoddess996 wrote:I dont know that I have ever met my dream guide. Maybe I should try :-)

Just recently I started hearing about dream guides and dopplegangers after achieving a few lucid dreams. I wanted so bad to have one and now that they are happening a little easier, I have to admit that it's a little freaky. I don't know what I would do if I met my "dream guide" and I don't know if I want to. I definately don't want to meet my doppleganger. No thanks. :shock:
CluelessDreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dreamer4875 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I've met dopple ganger, & she tried to kill me :|
Dreamer4875
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby GrimTerror » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:17 pm

I have so many Lucid Dreams its unbelievable haha :P

I remember having one where I needed the toilet and Mike from Monsters Inc. just said to me simply "just go dude", and I was in the toilets from the film :L:L lol, in the end I woke up and went to the toilet. I know waking up for the toilet is bad but it was pretty funny :L:L
GrimTerror
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Wayfarer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I know its already been asked, but what is a lucid dream? I just need a simple answer, because I am tired and a long one wont sink in. What is lucid dreaming used for?
Wayfarer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Wayfarer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Also I have been kinda bombarded with lots of strange terms and meanings. I have sorta learnt dream control, as when I was younger, I kept being killed by monsters coming through my window. However are Lucid Dreams kinda like visions? Because visions are very handy to me.
Wayfarer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Dreamer4875 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm

A lucid dream just means you are aware you are dreaming.
Dreamer4875
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Wayfarer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Oh I do that quite often. I am a bit of a strange person- I seek answers in my dreams. Okay, I have had waking dreams before, but yes, I have had quite a few lucid dreams before. Thak you for your answer, I am a simple person who likes simple things!
Wayfarer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Dreamer4875 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:41 pm

Me too.
Dreamer4875
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby TheSleepingRose » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:34 pm

this works everytime for me:
Way #1
I keep a dream journal and every time I have a dream I write it down. In the back of my dream journal I list the things that can't happen in real life such as having wings, seeing a dog talk, or anything that can't happen. I reveiw them every night so if one of those impossible dreams appear again, I can tell right away that I'm dreaming

Way#2
I try to remember to pinch myself every night and if I don't feel pain, I know right away that I'm dreaming. Simple enough...
TheSleepingRose
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby shift1085 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:38 pm

i feel pain in my dreams so #2 wouldn't work for me.
but......i think #1 might work very well *nods*
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby Atomicglitter » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:35 pm

A lucid dream is a VERY descriptive dream, where you can touch, see, smell
details around you. All of your sences appear to be at there fullest.
It greatly resembles a normal day and can be mis-leading as real life.
:heartpump: -ATOMICGLITTER- :heartpump:
*Atomic*
Atomicglitter
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cristielaughz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 am

im really confused what is a dream guide? Am I really getting lucid dreams because i think of something it happens but it takes a while for it to happen.. Are your lucid dreams scary?
cristielaughz
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Flybyplanes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Ughhhhh....

Now that you guys say dopplegangers are bad, I actually don't want to go to sleep.
Watch me meet my doppleganger. :I

I actually do want to meet my doppleganger, but I want to have my animal spirit guide with me when I do.
Flybyplanes
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Ironor » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:30 pm

I'm trying to meet my dream guide and my doppelganger (yes, call me crazy :D ) but my attempts have been met with failure. Can anyone offer me any tips to succeeding?

I do believe, however, that u have meet my good and bad sides in one dream:

The bad(met first): He wore a dark red cloak and orange sunglasses, which resembled fire as he turned to look at me through the rear-view mirror. He was old, obscure, quiet, and vague. Didn't do his job I assigned him in the dream (I told him to wait and pick me up later but instead he just left without waiting). At first i thought he as my dream guide, so i told him "next time i will dream, you tell me i'm dreaming" he replied with a slight grin (possibly a sarcastic "sure"?). After i told him that, though, i have not had a single lucid dream... o-oh... :shock:

The good (met second): She wore a brilliant white dress. The was young and attractive. She was outspoken, and yet still nice. I didn't have too much interaction with her as the dream started ending when i met her. All i remember is that i was asking/ taking her out to the schools homecoming. :)
Last edited by Ironor on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing fleeting memories--
A dream that was forgotten.
Those once valued treasuries,
My own mind had begotten.
Ironor
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Flybyplanes » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I think I met my doppleganger yesterday.

I remember looking into a place with no mirrors at all and I thought I saw myself. I woke up and thought nothing of it.
My hair was spiked up a bit with my eyes looking like they had no emotion at all. All I was was turn my head and look at myself.
I woke up after this.

I tried to remember if there was a mirror but no there was deff not a mirror or else it would have become lucid.
I don't even recall me being near a mirror.

Is this a bad sign? My doppleganger didn't try to kill me yet he looked just like me!

I am however trying to meet my spirit guide first and then my doppleganger so that I may become more clear on who I am.
Flybyplanes
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby vinnydelta2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Its weird how that vision i had made everything make sense with the info i found on this page
MY STORY: i was once on my couch and was facing down toward my couch. i was trying to use my third eye because i have recently found at that i knew how to use it this whole time.when i close my eyes before bed i could see with my eyes closed. its funny because i could use the time and i felt natural to me. but i already knew how to lucid dream because i did and learned how to by trying to repeat once I got it . but i coincidently went to lucid dream while awake and there i looked straight to Evil Me and it looked exactly like me but so dark,cold, soulless in way but it looked straight into my eyes...... like if he knew me as i knew him because i felt hes everything am not like opposites. the way i saw him through my head was like looking into a reflection of water and in it I saw evil me. but this was terrifying so i quickly got up. I felt like we were ONE...... as a child i was more darker in skin tone but i now have bags and darkening under the eyes but the bags on evil me are very dark and and was very pale. i feel like thats what i might turn into. I think when you got to sleep you become your evil you or twin from another dimension and thats why dreams feel so real and u get that ive been here before feeling because most likely have been there in the other you.

Its 1:30 in the morning and am scared of falling a sleep now because i cant stop thinking about this !!!
vinnydelta2
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby heatherharmon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 pm

heatherharmon
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby cmk1976 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:07 am

Hi everyone! I am new here and am glad there is a place to discuss dreams. I have the most vivid dreams imaginable. Wow. I have had lucid dreams for my whole life, even as a child. I just realized that is what my dreams are. For a while I was starting to think I was going nuts.
Sometimes I can control the dreams. Many times, the time paralell thing is there. I keep looking at the clock when I am lucid dreaming,or any dream for that matter, and time rarely changes though it seems like hours, but often can't seem to leave the room I am sleeping in without much effort. I often feel very trapped lately in my dreams.
I expeirience sleep paralisis with every lucid dream. only once was I so frightened by this that I screamed so loud I awoke the whole house! My family tells me I sleep with my eyes open, which really gives them a scare! I hallucinate alot just as I am falling asleep or just as I am waking up. I will see things crawling on the walls or people coming in and out of my room, and I can't move at all. I am quite aware that I am dreaming but feel very much awake. I hear very loud bangs and voices in this state too. Sometimes I can hear my daughters calling 'mommy' and i fly out of bed to find them, and it turns out they are sleeping soundly!!!It is often the loud noises that break the paralisis.
I also have dreams where I am laying in bed, looking up at myself looking down on myself laying in bed. The weird thing, I can see both views at the same time. Very hard to explain. My dreams are so vivid, I sometimes do remember them for years, which I guess is an epic dream. Can a person have an epic lucid dream? I am curious about the doppelganger. I am not sure if I have ever met one. However, sometimes there is a women in my dream who seems familier, but her physical appearance isn't always the same. I am very jealous of this woman, and I want to hurt her, but I know she is everything that I wish I could be. She is never very nice to me, but is not very mean to me either. She always gets everything I want, then very slyly rubs it in. Could she be my doppelganger? She does not speak very much, her eyes do all the talking.I hate her but feel like I need her at the same time. When I dream of her, I feel like choking someone or throwing things. Even typing this about her is making me feel angry. woah. I must be nuts!
Which brings up another thought...often in my dreams, they are so vivid and real, when I wake up I still feel the strong emotion connected with the dream, and can't shake it for quite some time.
oh yeah! I once (only 1 time) dreamt the lottery numbers. The numbers were displayed on clocks through out my dream.(I dream of clocks all the time for some reason) I played the daily number and won! It was about $580, which was nice. So I like to watch my dreams!
I feel that I love my dreams so much because they take me away. I am so lucky to have dreams like this, and would never change them. glad I have somewhere to vent.
cmk1976
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby CluelessDreamer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:25 am

cristielaughz wrote:im really confused what is a dream guide? Am I really getting lucid dreams because i think of something it happens but it takes a while for it to happen.. Are your lucid dreams scary?

It seems for me that lately my lucid dreams are triggered during a scary/uncomfortable/potentially dangerous situations, but I lose my lucidness as soon as I'm out of harms way. It sucks.
CluelessDreamer
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby actressineq » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 am

if i wanted to "lucid dream" do you just kind of... control your dream?

like if i wanted to just randomly offer someone something in the dream could I do that ?
actressineq
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby annabomb » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 am

how can i lucid dream?
annabomb
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Next

Return to Lucid Dreams