Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What is a Lucid Dream

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Re: What is a Lucid Dream

Postby astriddestler » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Under step one, it talks about How to Jump Into A Parallel Universe & Meet Your Doppelgänger. I suggest not trying to meat your Doppelgänger and here is an article from Wikipedia as to why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Personally, I'd rather try to meet my dream guide (again) than try to meet my Doppelgänger.

Oh my .... :shock: I think I've met my Doppelgänger before!! :yikes

I will never forget this dream. It was creepy. :chatter: It was terrifying at the time, but thinking back now, I think it wasn't so scary because it was a dream....unless your Doppelgänger can actually kill you...can they? :worry: Because I've heard of people actually ding in their sleep from their dreams. And no...not Nightmare on Elm Street, although Wes Craven did base the series on these reported events of people's dreams killing them.

But anyway.
I was at a campground I think. [This was when I was like, 12...14 or so. (I'm 19 now).]
And I walked into the bathrooms, it was almost as if I had walked through an invisible force. But I walked through it without even trying. It was almost as if I was in a "shadow world." The walls were dirty, filthy. The stalls were falling apart, doors hanging off their hinges. There was a row of mirrors across the wall, they were all cracked except one. It was in pristine condition, untouched. I reached my hand out to touch it, but my hand fell through air as I slipped forward. There was no mirror. I reached all the way to the other side. I walked to the right and found I could walk around the wall with the mirrors. My shoe hit something, I looked down to see urine and some blood mixed together with dirt and grime and glass shards. But I noticed there was light that illuminated the tiled floor. Because there were no lights at all. Just the doors (2 of them, on on each side of the mirrored wall). The wall was floating. It was almost like the stall walls and doors themselves. Where you could look under and see. I crouched down and saw the door I had come through, it was like there was a dark screen over it, but at the same time you could enter and exit without being stopped.
Then I rose to stand upright. I was startled to see someone there. (Kind of like in the horror movies where you jump, and I could actually feel my physical body jump, because I was lucid dreaming. And I knew that I was).
When I looked at the person, it was a girl. She was around my age, she had blondish-brown hair and wore a stained white T-shirt. She stood there staring at me. Then I noticed it was myself!! I/She looked so pale, her eyes were the same blue color, only darker; like shadows inside the irises. Her skin was pale, but looked like there were shadows inside of her skin. Completely emotionless; she looked so sinister and just stood glaring at me. She looked like she didn't care about anything and just wanted to destroy things.
She then cocked her head a bit, and the corners of her mouth curved a bit; a tiny evil smile. It was as if she was saying
"Being evil is fun."
I fell and scrambled back up, sprinting from the restroom.
Then I woke up. :?

So, if you did go searching for your Doppelgänger, where would you find them and what would they do?
Would they try to harm you? :whoa: :worry:

And what is a 'Dream Guide'?? I've never heard of them before. Is that the opposite of the Doppelgänger? :evil: Your positive "good" version? :halo:
astriddestler
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Manga master » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 pm

I've only had a lucid dream once in my whole life and I didn't realize that I could do anything I wanted. My dream was funny though because it started like a normal dream and I was in the library. I started looking at books and then I realized they didn't exist so I said out loud "oh it's a dream". Right after I said that everyone there turned to look at me and said "no it's not". I then ignored them and left. :lol:
"Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th"- Julie Andrews
Manga master
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby metalchickxX » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 am

its when you find out your in a dream, than you think to yourself "HEY! IM DREAMING! I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!"
so than you ask for what you want, or just think it.
ex: when you want to see a person say for example... "i wanna see jane!" than WABOW!!! jane would appear.

yu could also do the same with objects or a certain power.
you can have powers, and theres always one your really good with.
ex: you could imagine that you flying than youll fly.
or youll start running than youll say to yourself "I WANT TO RUN FASTER!" so than youll run hella fast.
its a bit difficult to understand. but if you do one day, its fun!

my best power i have is jumping really high or controlling people.
metalchickxX
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby ssw777 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:04 pm

The only real trick to this is learning to remain asleep. The lucid dream begins when your conscious mind takes control so if someone is new to this it is advisable to start off small an just try to stay asleep. After that go all out.
My avatar is a painting by an artist as strange as I. But that makes the world interesting.
ssw777
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby FiveStars » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:07 am

I want to have a lucid dream but i never see myself in my dreams. I can only see my dreams through my eyes, or the eyes of something else. Why is that?
FiveStars
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby imnottheonly1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 am

the best way i learned how to stay asleep and really start lucid dreaming was to look at my hand. before i would fall asleep i would tell myself to look at my hand. the first time i did it, it was a trip i always pictured myself looking at my palm, but in the dream i looked at the top of my hand..... once you can make yourself look at your hand anything else is possible!my favorite would be travelling around the world, i wanted to go to paris,france to the "eiffel tower"i would start flying" very,very fast and before i knew it i would see it out in the distance, first time i made there it was the replica in las vegas! i was like dam! not the right one! when i finally made it to france i went to the very top! :excited: next stop the statue of liberty! or maybe the pyramids? or even :idea: Mars!!!
some say im a dreamer but im not the only one, someday you will join us and the world will be as one!
imnottheonly1
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Freakprincess » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 pm

I had a really wierd thing happen to me and I was talking to my friend and she said that I had a lucid dream but really want to know what someone else thinks. I was just closing my eyes and trying to get to sleep (it usually takes me a long time) and then suddenly I was visiting this construction site/Quarry and at first it was as if I was flying b/c of the view being from high then abruptly I was walking around it. Then suddenly I was looking at a mountain meadow from high then all of a sudden I am walking in the grass touching the flowers and hearing a river near by. I remember thinking, I can't be asleep yet; I can still hear my dog snoring in the background.I kept thinking,"I don't ever go to sleep this fast. Who cares if I am asleep or not this is awesome. I wonder where I am going next" Then as suddenly as it began, there was nothing else that happen. I guess I fell asleep asleep. It was also in color and absolutly amazing. I loved it and it made me feel soo happy. I hope it happens again! Not sure what it was though. Was it just a really awesome dream or what?
THanks to anyone who has an opinion.
Freakprincess
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Confused_Dream » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 pm

ok so i know i'm dreaming and these happen alot whether in relationship or not. i sometimes dream im locked in a housing place with protection crew with both men and women sharing rooms and shit. but last nights was the first one that truly grabbed my attention as i know this woman and i know her to be married. we werent supposed to share a room but she called me in there to talk. the patrol crew kept trying to be rude and talk shit to us just being pricks. but anyway she is naked and she keeps getting hit on by this one other guy i know to be her husband but she keeps turning him down bcuz she wants me. but i keep denying her the chance to have me and we stay talking i cant make out the convo however it makes us both happy yet long to be together. finally after what seems like days of talking she wants out of the place bcuz its starting to feel like a prison to her and she asks me to get her away from there so i help her get out and give her my car telling her ill see her soon then i go in to beat the crap out the guard detail but before i can get back to the building it blows up and she's pulling back up the road speeding to check on me i get in the car n she explodes with passion and exotic tenderness ravaging me. then i woke up whats this all mean? :?
Confused_Dream
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby iceTiger » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 pm

shift1085 wrote:idk. whenever i'm in trouble i can split in two and my other self ends up being the one shot or attacked n shit. :rofl:
does that count? :rasberry:

I'm kind of in the same boat. Only, when I dream, I don't have a visible "second me". I'm one, but if I die in a dream I always find my way back and I come back to life. Like being a cat with 9 lives kind of thing..
iceTiger
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby eternum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:03 am

About the Dopplegangers... I've been perusing this thread and I'm not sure whether to think of them as good or bad, or if I'm really sure what they are.

For instance, I've had dreams where I looked in the mirror and saw myself older, or thinner, or with darker hair. But it was me. I've had other dreams where I was someone else, and I knew I was, so I do feel the difference. I just thought the ones where I saw myself were prophetic, but now I'm not so sure.
Well behaved women rarely make history.
eternum
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Rainslillygrows » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Holy Rusted Metal Batman!!!! I'm so scared to even try to meet a doppleganger!!!! Now I'm gonna have nightmares about one. Sometime I wake up and I'm not in that sleep paralisys mode, and i'm actually acting out what happened as I'm waking up. My children sleep in bed with me sometimes and I'm so scared about having to fight dream with a doppleganger. I like the lucid dreams, but if I think about it and dont want it to happen will the doppleganger show up? Holy Crap!!!! Gonna stay up all night now!!!!
Rainslillygrows
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Rainslillygrows » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Ok now I'm afraid to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror!!!!! I know what Lucid Dreaming is, but what is it called when you dream while you are awake and you cant controll it? It scares me, but I've dealt with it for some years though.
Rainslillygrows
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby iceTiger » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Fear of a dream is silly. I've had so many nightmares in my life that I've grown mentally conditioned to fight back. There's no reason to be afraid of something you've dreamt. What's the worst it can do? Kill you in your dream? The way I see it, bring it on MFers. Even if I can be killed in waking life from a dream, then I've died the best death anybody could ask for. Not that I ever will be. My dreamworld foes should be afraid of me! MWAHAHA
iceTiger
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby eternum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 pm

I like your attitude, iceTiger. :)

@Rainslillygrows: I've never had what you describe about dreams while awake (dunno what it's called, either), but I have had instances where I couldn't tell if my reality was truly real or just a dream. I'll take it a step further than iceTiger: you always have control over your self. I'm a firm believer that when it comes to your body, your mind, your soul, your self, whether dream or reality, you have absolute say-so. If you look in the mirror and see the scariest thing imaginable, and even feel it trying to possess you, you can muster the courage and banish it or destroy it. Since you're a mother, I know you've had that protective "mama bear" feeling for your children. Use it for your self too. Your body and soul are yours, and no one can take it from you as long as you are willing to defend what's rightfully yours.

That's what I like about iceTiger's attitude. I've fought tooth and nail in my worst nightmares, too. Sometimes I've lost, but that only meant I woke up. We're still here. You will be, too. :)
Well behaved women rarely make history.
eternum
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby WarriorAxel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:32 am

Is it possible for a lucid dream to be a progressive dream? I'm in high school and i have been having this continual dream since second grade about a war. It was medieval times and there was some wizardry in it too. The strangest thing about it is that whenever i get injured or cut (cuz i'm always the main knight), it ends up happening for real. For instance, in the war i got slashed across the stomach with a broad sword, but didn't die. I woke up the next morning and there was blood coming from an inch long cut on my stomach. I had to patch it up and was scared to go to sleep the next night. this incident happened only a couple weeks ago.....its really freaky. :wideeye:
WarriorAxel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby astriddestler » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

WarriorAxel wrote:Is it possible for a lucid dream to be a progressive dream? I'm in high school and i have been having this continual dream since second grade about a war. It was medieval times and there was some wizardry in it too. The strangest thing about it is that whenever i get injured or cut (cuz i'm always the main knight), it ends up happening for real. For instance, in the war i got slashed across the stomach with a broad sword, but didn't die. I woke up the next morning and there was blood coming from an inch long cut on my stomach. I had to patch it up and was scared to go to sleep the next night. this incident happened only a couple weeks ago.....its really freaky. :wideeye:

To answer your question WarriorAxel, there is no such thing as Freddy Kruger, rest assured. However, there is something call Dream Incorporation that causes external or outside sounds/noises/feelings to bleed into your dream. Like hearing your alarm go off, but in your dream it's disguised as something else. Have you ever experienced something similar? You probably have plenty of times. It's also fun to experiment this with others. :harhar: Like my cat, when hes asleep I'll take a pencil and brush it quickly on his paw and watch as he flips out twitching like he's having a seizure; so he was probably dreaming of a mouse running over his paw (because I brushed it) and he started chasing it (his twitching).
I too have had dreams like this, one in particular was where I was randomly attacked by some vicious animal while taking a midnight stroll. Only to wake up and find relief that it was only a dream; then to find a series of scrapes, cuts, and "claw marks" in various parts of my body.
However, (on a different note) you will never dream about something you have never experienced; like virgins will never dream about sex. :tongue: So, this war scene has to have come from a movie of some sorts, maybe a bloody battle scene perhaps?
Does every injury you have change with every dream? And who/how do you fight?
Bringing me back to my other point. I had gotten the scratches from myself. Yes, it is possible. How do you think things feel so real in a dream?
I.E.--You're at your school, walking to class. When suddenly a bully comes out and tries to start something. Next thing you know, they're throwing their fist straight into your arm. It hurts, like any punch would, leading your brain to tell you 'this is really happening!' :? (subconsciously of course); therefore you're shocked to wake up in your bed when it's over, and find your arm now has a bruise where it was. What you don't know is that you did that to yourself. Your brain probably sent a signal to your opposite arm to block the punch in your dream, only to move in real life and accidentally punch yourself in the same spot.
So, maybe in your battling dreams when you're defending yourself, you're actually accidentally injuring yourself. Like the scratch on your stomach. Lets say a knight was thrusting his sword straight for your torso, you block it with your 'shield' (which in real life your brain is telling you to move your arm because it thinks it's really happening :| ) so your arm moves across your stomach quickly to try and beat the sword from plunging into you and you accidentally 'cut' yourself with your fingernails. You're probably thinking 'what if I bite my nails?' Well, do you have a pet that roams freely? A cat could jump across your chest and get you with their back claws; things happen. Think of the possibilities, if none come to mind and these injuries continue, I'd recommend looking into some sort of exorcism. :alien: :o :lol:
astriddestler
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby ex0tic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

When I dream the vision I see is like there is someone elses view. I see myself doing what I do in the dream. I have never been in my own "body" in my dreams, if you know what I mean? And anothing is that I'am from Sweden and obviesly speak swedish, but in my dreams I awlays speek english, it's like I don't even know how to speak Swedish...
Does that mean that the person who's me in the dreams are some kind of doppleganger or did I not understand correctly?
ex0tic
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby nerakyak » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Would my dream be considered lucid?

I was dreaming of driving on a highway but I could not find my exit, somehow I ended up outside of my vehicle and decided to steal someone elses. I got inside until 3 other people started chasing me. In my dream I kept saying, "please wake up! please wake up!" because I did not want to get attacked by those chasing me. Right before they broke into the car, I woke up..
nerakyak
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Possumpie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Lol I don't think I have ever not had a lucid dream xD (as far as I can remember) I'm always awear that its a dream and a quite a bit I can rip myself away from them (usually waking up). The only problem is... As soon as I try to go back to sleep the nightmare will come back or a new one will start. Lol remember being able to do this at quite a young age when I had nightmares about zelda xD hahaha man those zobies were scary :P
Dreams. The reflection of our soul?

Anything is possible, you just have to believe...
Possumpie
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby iceTiger » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 am

Possumpie wrote:Lol I don't think I have ever not had a lucid dream xD (as far as I can remember) I'm always awear that its a dream and a quite a bit I can rip myself away from them (usually waking up). The only problem is... As soon as I try to go back to sleep the nightmare will come back or a new one will start. Lol remember being able to do this at quite a young age when I had nightmares about zelda xD hahaha man those zobies were scary :P

Lol, I specifically remember one of my dreams I had when I was about 8 years old. Back when I was playing The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Remember when Gannondorf was riding through the fire on his horse chasing the princess with the thunderstorm overhead? I dreampt I was Link watching all of this just like it was in the game. Heh.. oh the memories! Just thought I'd drop that dream on here after you sparked my memory.
iceTiger
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby AileenTyranny » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:40 am

I don't know much about lucid dreams, but if they're just dreams where you know you're dreaming, then I don't know why everybody wants them. I get a lot of lucid dreams, and they're not that cool. In fact, as a small child I used to almost only have lucid dreams. I don't get them as much now, though. And I've never had a special ability during them. For the most part, when I would have lucid dreams they'd either be really disturbing/uncomfortable, so I'd spend the whole day hiding behind an object in my dream, pinching myself again and again, or really boring dreams. And both of them I was completely helpless. (probably why I usually got uncomfortable ones: who likes feeling helpless? What if something bad comes in the dream?)

And as for how to get them, I wasn't aware there was a special way to get one. They always come at random for me.
AileenTyranny
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby discomar95 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 am

A lucid dream has been explained, where you are aware of what's going on, and pretty mch have tons of stuff all to your self! (stuff as in universes, endless)

My first lucid dream was when I was 12. I was flying in an air plane, and the plane was about to crash into the twin towers. I knew I had to do something to save everyone in my subconcious, but out of no where my waking-state kicked in and I got up and took my oxygen mask off and seat belt and touched the ceiling with one finger with my eyes closed, and when I opened my eyes it was almost as if I had controlled time, and re-did it all, and we were all flying in the plane as if it had never happened yet.. and soon enough, the plane was headed for the twin towers. This time I got up, parachuted out, landed ontop of the twin towers, and screamed at the ground like a skitso and stomped on it as if it were the devil underneath me, and all that was level on the earth, lowered down about five hundred feet, with me still standing ontop of the twin towers, I expanded the sky allowed the plane to land in a random near by field lol. I still don't know what I did with my parachute, i was in such a hurry to save the day that I just left it in the air somewhere HA!

But the weirdest part was I remember going down a long spiral stair case, for what seemed like hours, in the twin towers. And I could see all these people just staring at me working in there but none of them were paying attentiong to what they were doing. I quikly went out the door, and I saw an ambulence rush by me.
Then I continued walking not really caring about the ambulence, and walked for miles down a long long long sidewalk hill until I got to a quaint little yellow house, more like a town house, stacked up next to a bunch of other houses exactly like it. I walked in the door, and began washing my hands for some reason and saw there was a football game on the t.v in front of the sink in the other room, I went in there and turned it off, and walked up to the roof of the house (flat roof) and there was nothing by sky, a beautiful view of new york city, and a piano.

And then the weirder weirdest part was i played the piano, and composed a song. As I played this song in my dreams, the piano continued changing colors in segments and circular maps and patterns flowing together to show "the colors of music", the dynamics of it, the technique, the patterns, everything. Mapping out infront of me on my piano. The next morning I played this song, and it was spectacular. I played it for a competition and won. When they asked me my inspiration, I said, nine eleven (the event), and my very own dreams. HA!
discomar95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby WarriorAxel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 pm

astriddestler wrote:Does every injury you have change with every dream? And who/how do you fight?
Bringing me back to my other point. I had gotten the scratches from myself. Yes, it is possible. How do you think things feel so real in a dream?

Ya, it does change with every dream, and injuring myself while im asleep would make alot of sense. I fight exactly how i fence, except with a more brutal quality than seen in fencing. Thank-you so much for answering my question :)
WarriorAxel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby SweetMysty » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:15 am

eternum wrote:About the Dopplegangers... I've been perusing this thread and I'm not sure whether to think of them as good or bad, or if I'm really sure what they are.

For instance, I've had dreams where I looked in the mirror and saw myself older, or thinner, or with darker hair. But it was me. I've had other dreams where I was someone else, and I knew I was, so I do feel the difference. I just thought the ones where I saw myself were prophetic, but now I'm not so sure.

I also had a lucid dream in which I looked in the mirror at myself. I was afraid to at first, but curiosity got the best of me, and I decided that I would. My skin was peeling.. like from being out in the sun too long where your skin starts to peel, and my hair was blonder and very messy... almost wild looking. It was creepy.
Could this have been my Doppleganger? What is a Doppleganger anyway? Please tell me it is nothing evil ... but the version I saw of myself in the mirror.... did seem to be evil.... or just very scary.
SweetMysty
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby NevaeHHeaveN » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Acctually its funny you say that. Im not sure i agree with the part about "not being able to dream about something that has not happened. it sounds a little strange, but i am a virgin and i have dreamed about sex sevreal times actually. :oops: wierd, i know, but what does that mean? if i have never actually done it in real life, why can i dream about it so vividly? :?
NevaeHHeaveN
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby amyhikel » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:47 pm

lucid dreamer wrote:Here is a long article from Wikipedia on what a lucid dream is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

and here is a long article on Wikihow on how to lucid dream. All the articles say basically the same thing so I'll just post this one. The article from Wikipedia also talks about how to lucid dream.
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream[url][/url]

Under step one, it talks about How to Jump Into A Parallel Universe & Meet Your Doppelgänger. I suggest not trying to meat your Doppelgänger and here is an article from Wikipedia as to why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Personally, I'd rather try to meet my dream guide (again) than try to meet my Doppelgänger.

Ok so it's 3 in the morning and i'm sitting here alone in my room. Just read all those links, and now I'm all creeped out thinking my Doppelganger is behind me. Thanks for giving me a restless night sleep! :|
amyhikel
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Bowlsey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:55 am

Dreaming of your double or doppelganger is, in my experience, very disturbing because while they look and act just like you they seem to display all your negative traits and are often evil or malicious. Whilst in a lucid dream state I do not advise trying to force a meeting with your double or your 'shadow' as I believe Carl Jung called it, because although you may be wanting to face your fears confronting yourself is very scary and the lucid part of your dream may well break down and leave you with a nightmare.
Bowlsey
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Thewolf421 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah i dont advise meeting your doppleganger with all ive read about them its better to search for your dream guide or if you cant find your dream guide, then heck why not make one? :D :D :D :D but make sure u make them wise and smart!
Thewolf421
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby weirdness101 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm

OMG!!!! I do this all the time, it really getts on my nerves when i want to wake up. But it's still really funny when i tell everyone in my dream im dreaming and they don't believe me, LOL!! :lol:
weirdness101
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby spleene » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Wow, this is pretty epic... i don't think i would have the patience to fully do this but idk i like the not controlling part...

plus it makes my dreams feel more meaning full i guess idk i wish i could do this! :heart:
spleene
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Whateverdwellsinside » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Can dopplegangers hurt you? That would be scary. I think I've had a few lucid dreams but I don't remeber them well because they were all nightmares and I had to wake myself up.
Whateverdwellsinside
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Whateverdwellsinside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 am

I only lucid dream when I'm having a really really scary nightmare and I'm in such a panic my mind is somehow telling me I'm dreaming and I'm in such a hurry to stop the nightmare I keep repeating to myself to wake up until I finally do. Wish I hadn't though. I wish I could lucid dream without all the nightmares. How do you know if you've met you're doppleganger? Now that I know about them I'll probably meet my doppleganger. Scary... I want to meet my dream guide though.
Whateverdwellsinside
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Whateverdwellsinside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 am

A doppleganger is like your twin with all your memories and traits right? Then they must know all your biggest fears. That's scary. But of course that also means you know what scares them... Still never want to meet my doppleganger. Ever.
Whateverdwellsinside
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby xenusfreeman » Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 pm

I have multiple false awakening before... from what you guys chat about here, i would say i have more quite a number of lucid dreams... But mine especially the false awakening usually happen around 5 to 7 pm... I usually have my nap around 4 pm and will try to wake up around 6 to 6.30 pm. I usually have my dinner around 7 pm... So no matter what i must try and wake before 7 pm...

So i have my usual dream in my 4 pm nap and then my body felt its time to wake up because its late... Don't ask me why but my body knows its late... and so i woke up. Open my room door, walk to my chair in the living room and switch on my cpu (my cpu is in the living room). Switching it on felt usually weird because stuff that come out from the monitor don't make sense and immediately I ask myself, m i awake? I pinch myself and felt no pain... Dang, i m not awake. So i force myself to wake up and I am awake again. I walk out of my room door and just when i was about to reach my chair, i stop. I ask myself again, m i awake? So i pinch myself again and no pain. Dammit, so i did the same thing. Woke up, open my door and stop... m i awake? Pinch myself again and no pain. Dammit, when can i wake up? Force myself again then this time i pinch myself on the bed and no pain. try again and the same thing no pain. This process repeat around 7 to 8 times and when i finally really awake, my eyes was soooo heavy i can barely open them. I close my eyes hoping to rest them and i was straight to dreamland again. I wake up and stop. Oh man, i fell asleep again. This process goes on another 3 times before i m really awake. When i know i m really awake, i force myself out of bed and fell to the floor. I was dead tired from the whole ordeal, and very frightened. It felt like i will never regain consciousness and i will be trap forever in the dream world trying to wake up. This was my first false awakening. And i hate it. I was extremely tired after that and I don't even dare to close my eyes for fear of being trap in the dream.

It happen a few more times but by then i know what to do. Now it stop happening, thank goodness for that. The weird thing is that i remember myself more easily when i try and wake myself up around the 4th time. I totally dislike it but hey, i never sleep around 4 pm again... :D
xenusfreeman
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby theangrypacifist » Mon May 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Lately I have been having lucid dreams, I cannot control things like flying but if I don't like the situation I'm in I can just leave it and walk down the street and a new dream starts.
theangrypacifist
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby BubblesSilverDreamer » Sat May 28, 2011 9:07 am

Hello guess you're new here too. To tell you the truth lucid dreaming is hard for me. But I finally know how... my secret is to take control of your dream. First you have a dream... try to say or think how to control your dream. Like if you are falling think or say I have wings and then out of nowhere you are flying. Trust me it works. :D :D :excited: :creeping: :baby:

"Dreaming is the source of the Future"
-- BubblesSilverDreamer
BubblesSilverDreamer
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby GE3000 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:27 pm

doppelganger? never heard of it, but I've read a little about it on the forum, so let me just say this......does having a altar ego means doppelganger? because this altar ego has a mind of his own. Can anyone tell me if they've met one like this before?
If you are aware, then beware of the dream watchers. Their everywhere.
GE3000
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby mrcooldrumman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 am

Here's an article with some good tips on how to have lucid dreams: http://socyberty.com/psychology/five-ti ... id-dreams/
It the binaural beats tip really helped me.
mrcooldrumman
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby GoldenShadow » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't understand doppleganger. It's bad is all I get.how do u know if u meet them, or even ur dream guide for the matter of fact. :?:
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
GoldenShadow
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby I Sydney I » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:32 am

If anyone is intrested in finding out what a lucid dream is, and how to lucid dream I have a guide for those answers. I'm also there to answer any questions you may have! (Link in signature, in blue.)

-Sydney(:
Have questions on lucid dreaming? Don't know how? Want some techniques? Or if you just want to share your dreams and get some interpretations, then visit my guide and ask questions that I'll be HAPPY to answer!
Link:
http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54686
I Sydney I
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby triggerpull13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 am

I find this stuff really interesting.

I am 20 and still get dreams every once in a while. When I was in high school though, I would literally get one every single night and be able to remember! My friends used to wait for me to come into homeroom to tell them what my dreams were about each morning. In a lot of these dreams, I would realize that I was dreaming and be able to change a few things but not many. I started to enjoy my dreams so much because they were so crazy that when my mom would wake me up for school (many times when I was in the middle of a dream), I would tell her to go away, then close my eyes and start dreaming again on demand.

Now about the doppelganger... Has anyone ever thought that maybe the doppelganger is possibly a creation in a parallel universe? And that the doppelganger only seems evil because he/she is seeing us and maybe thinks that we are his/her doppelganger? I know that if I ever encountered my doppelganger in a dream I would try to kicks its butt because I know that it is evil. Maybe it thinks the same thing about us and thats why it wants to do harm to us?
triggerpull13
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby parousia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm

The doppelganger isn't evil, it's a reflection of yourself without restraint/filters.
A lucid dream isn't meant to be taken literal; you can't further the experience if you're constantly trying to define it.
Look how clever your signature is.
parousia
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby The Kid In The Hat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 pm

A Lucid Dream is when u no when u r dreaming. :sleep:
Don't put the Soda in the Popcorn!
The Kid In The Hat
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

What is a Lucid Dream

Postby LaLFmimaPaf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:45 am

Ive had the same type of dream pretty often for a long time. Im able to move around in the air similar to the way you float and move around in water. I usually dont go very high off the ground. I just wave my arms and legs around similar to the way we float in water and Im able to move in the air. I often forget Im dreaming and I distinctly remember always saying to myself in the dream " it IS possible to fly, why did I ever think it wasnt?" There is also a big focus on the technique I use to fly/hover/float and it seems very vivid.
LaLFmimaPaf
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby pandoralee » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm a very light sleeper in my own bed. (Its weird. I know.) Basically while I sleep, I think. I think about different things, Different senarios and my life. I imagine different things. Is this dreaming?
pandoralee
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Mocha2u » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 am

Wow, this forum as surely enlightened me! Well, I guess I am a lucid dreamer. I often dream of things and know I am in a dream. I actually hear myself telling myself in the dream that this is dream. What I am doing or trying to do within my dream is to control the outcome or sequences. I know this may never happen, I wish I could though. What is amazing is that when I wake up sometimes and fall back to sleep and pick up where I left off in the dream This happens rarely but it has happen. Does that mean there is a definite message in this dream that must see? I wonder sometimes and know God uses dreams to speak to us, gives us answers, and guide us. I truly appreciate this site because this site has gotten me through a lot of dreams interpertations that were puzzling to me.
Mocha2u
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby ekkstra » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 am

Damn I'm so jealous of you lucid dreamers...I want to do that so bad but I barely started so i gotta practice alot. When you guys were talking about meeting your doppelgangers being a bad thing..Well I must be insane because I would actually meet my doppelganger first then my dream guide(?). But if I meet either one I wouldn't mind, I just want to see how evil my dark side is :evil: (hehe). If he did try to kill me (no surprise) i would kick his/hers ass and show him who's Leader :D .

Ok quick question, I'm a guy and since its my opposite will that doppelganger be female?
ekkstra
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby katie1091 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:05 pm

i think i only had one lucid dream :dreams: but i want to have more :goldblob:
katie1091
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

creativity in lucid dreaming

Postby bobcat20 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Since lucid dreaming is the concept of one controlling the happenings in their dreams, and creating what they want... How likely is lucid dreaming to happen with someone who doesnt feel very creative when they are awake???
bobcat20
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby hdawgs210 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:13 am

okay, i had no idea about dreams or whateva, but ive been having really strange ones starting to effect everyday life or whateva. had no idea what lucid dream meant but now i read about it, i do this commonly i just thought i was weird lol. anyways they rekon u can met ur dream guide and u do it by lucid dreaming, i lucid dream alot and i have neva met my guide but they rekon now u no u have one u will propberly met it. i also read about a doopleganger ? idunno if u met urs apparently its real unlucky and ur life turns to shit and u die, well now i no there out there dose that mean il see mine too..? and is lucid dreaming alot good or bad ?
hdawgs210
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

PreviousNext

Return to Lucid Dreams