Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

question...

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

question...

Postby redairheads101 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 am

is there anything that can make you have a dream in which you realize in your dream that your are dreaming, like is there anything that i can do before i sleep to make that happen or in the dream even? and if u do realize your dreaming and start talking to people you know is that the way it would happen in real life?
redairheads101

Re: question...

Postby bpoo58 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:38 am

actually there is something that helped me only in 1 dream so far... Create a litle reminder on something that you always carry with you ie. cellphone or keys, that lets you know you are dreaming. So when you take that item out of your pocket in your dream you will realize that it is a dream.
bpoo58

Postby sarahjaynee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:31 am

I begun to dream lucidly when I had a recurring dream. I decided to try and interpret that dream in order for it to stop. I thought about the symbols and how the dream made me feel, I did a lot of research and talking to others (this was before the luxury of the internet). One night I found myself in the recurring dream, but this time it became lucid as my subconscious realised what many of the symbols meant to my conscious mind. Since I opened that first pathway I mostly dream lucidly (except when I'm pregnant and dreams just take me over!).
So I would advise you to pick a recurring dream or theme within a dream and correctly interpret that in the hope that when you have it again you will have reached a new level of awareness within your dreams and can recognise that this state is different to your waking reality.
I sometimes see a symbol in my dream and its like I can pause and rewind a little to go back to that symbol and ask my dream self what the hell that means to my conscious self. Mostly I am full of easy humour when I am aware of my dreams and it feels very much like a puzzle I am enjoying. :)
sarahjaynee

Postby kyouki8 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:06 pm

kind of like bpoo58,theres lamposts in your dream.you don't know it's there but it is you just have to look for it. for example,when its just a regular dream you may always see the sun,so its a reminder.if the sun is not there you can say, 'hey? its not there i must be dreaming'
i hope my advice worked =]
kyouki8

Return to Lucid Dreams