Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

dreaming about the death of a loved one.

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

dreaming about the death of a loved one.

Postby tjmismyboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:40 pm

My mother used to work in a nursing home and my grandmother lived next door. My mother worked there for almost 14 yrs, and has not been employed there for almost 10 yrs, and my grandmother passed away about 3 1/2 yrs ago. Before my grandmother passed away we had her put in to a nursing home for one weekend. This nursing home was not the one my mom worked at. After that weekend she wanted to go back to her home which was next door to the place my mom used to work. My grandmother and i were very close i was the one who took care of her the last few years of her life. However i was not with her when she passed, my mom and aunt were the ones with her. In my dream my grandmother was placed into the nursing home where my mom used too work. I can remember walking down the halls of the place like i used to when i was a kid growing up there. I could see the whole layout the way i used to see it. Then i see my grandma lying in the bed basically dying. Then i ran up to my mom who was in her work uniform and broke down and said "i'm trying to be strong for grammy and not let her see my cry but, i can't hide it anymore." The thing that gets me is i have only dreamt once about my grandmother since she has passed. That was two days after i went to her gravesite for the first time. My mom and i are not that close so i don't know why i would run to her. I cannot figure out what this dream means and i am open to any ideas anyone has.
tjmismyboy

Re: dreaming about the death of a loved one.

Postby Roughrider » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:01 pm

I'm not an expert, but I would guess that you felt like you should have been there with your grandmother when she passed on. Since you apparently spent some time at the nursing home your mother worked at that is probably what your subconscious mind relates to when thinking about that kind of facility. The fact that your mother worked at that nursing home and that she was with your grandmother when she passed on is probably what puts her in the dream.
Roughrider

Return to Lucid Dreams