Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Is this an OBE ? ? ?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Is this an OBE ? ? ?

Postby dalia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Dreams – Oct. 20 in the morning

Short Dream
I was in a game show. I'm not sure if I was just watching it or if I was actually in it. The set was all in orange, sort of 70's or 80's style. I think there was an elephant in the dream as well, but I can't remember. Perhaps I was just thinking about an elephant? Then this annoying Indian kid, about age 4 or 5, comes up on stage and starts impersonating the host. His mother comes up on stage to take him back down into the audience. Then I wake up, go outside for a smoke and come back in for some water and an orange. (In real life, there is this annoying Indian family with three young kids who live down the hall from my apartment. These kids are so noisy and very annoying when they're in the hallway, and the parents are idiots and do nothing about it.)

Out of Body Experience?
I go back to bed. Shortly after, as I'm falling asleep, I feel a strong magnetic pull. It is as though my soul is being forced out of my sleeping body. I try to resist because I'm too tired to have an OBE right now. I want to sleep. I'm not sure if I'm awake or if I'm asleep; perhaps I'm sort of in between consciousness and unconsciousness (which is when the OBE occurs). My spirit gets out of bed, leaving my physical body in bed, fast asleep. I still feel kind of drunk and hungover from a night of drinking. It's dark in the apartment and I'm stumbling out of my room, and into the living room. Mary* (my room mate) is asleep. I wake her up to tell her I'm having an OBE gone wrong (i.e. - a "bad trip"), and trouble breathing and that I'm very dizzy. I'm having trouble talking because my vocal chords seem a bit paralyzed. I'm only able to whisper. She gets mad at me for waking her up and starts snapping at me, then goes back to sleep. I try to push myself through my living room window (the one that leads to the balcony), but instead of going through it, I bump into it, knocking the heating lamp into the fish tank. I notice that the fish is starting to burn and that there is smoke and fire inside the water and that the fish is catching fire. I quickly stick my hand into the tank and pull the heating lamp back out, and I assume the fish is okay. I dry my wet arm and make my way over to the window beside, and I go through it with no problem (this recurs in every single OBE that I have). It's dark outside, some cars and buses are going by. I lean over the balcony and attempt to fly, but instead of flying, I begin to descend rapidly towards the concrete. All of a sudden, I make a last attempt to survive by gripping my ankles around one of the balconies, probably on the 3rd or 4th floor (I live on the 7th floor) and I linger there for a moment. Suddenly, I look up into the night sky, and I notice that there are millions and millions of stars, but they're not just single stars. Each star is paired with another star right next to it. It makes me believe that they are pairs of eyes. People in heaven are watching a show in a large coliseum. I start "swimming" up into the sky. I continue flying until I find myself in a dimly lit hospital. As I'm walking down the hallway, I see a janitor mopping the floor. After that, I look into one of the rooms, the door was left open, and there is an old man being revived by a few doctors and nurses. The old man is staring right at me. He's pale and very thin. His face is hollow, I could see all his bones because he's so skinny. I continue walking and I end up in a ward that holds five or six beds. In this ward, old ladies are sitting or lying down in their beds, all in a row. My grandma (Cashky was her nickname that we all called her) sees me and says "Hi Dalia, I saved you a bed, jump in" and I said okay. And I missed her terribly and was so happy to see her that I ran right into her arms and we hugged for a long time. I cried and cried. I wept and wailed so loudly as she rubbed my back and comforted me. All of a sudden, my soul falls or drops back into my body and then I wake up. (There seems to be a recurring theme. I get out of bed, leaving my physical self behind. The apartment is dark. I make my way to the living room window, push myself through, leap off the balcony, and start flying. I go to different places almost every time. Sometimes I go the same place more than once. Most of the time, my grandma (Cashky) is in it, and we hold each other close. My grandma and I were very close. She passed away in August 2004 and I miss her like crazy.)

* changed name to protect privacy
dalia

Return to Lucid Dreams