Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Every time I figure out I'm dreaming, I wake up.

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Every time I figure out I'm dreaming, I wake up.

Postby bubblystarlight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:57 pm

How bothersome! Sometimes, I have a dream where I'm in a situation so realistic that I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in real life. But soon, something would break that realisticness and I'd think "There's no way that could happen. I must be dreaming!" and immediately try to take over my dream to make something good happen. But instead, the dream slowly fades away and I end up waking up disappointed.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

Please help, I've never had an actual lucid dream before because of this.

Thank you!

-B
bubblystarlight
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Every time I figure out I'm dreaming, I wake up.

Postby Tsyeite » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:09 am

@bubblystarlight
When I first started lucid dreaming this happened to me all the time too. Instead of being frustrated by being woken up I let it wake me up, took in what I remembered of the dream, then went back to sleep. Sometimes I'd be able to slip back into that dream, others I'd be in a new dream. Try to stay relaxed. Frustration makes your mind "wake up" faster and will make it harder to train yourself to stay asleep in those moments. Eventually I learned to stop a dream, as though pushing pause, deciding if I wanted to see where it was going to go next, and then push play as it were. Here's an example.
I dreamt I was asleep in the backseat of my car. There was a loud whooshing sound that woke me up in the dream. When I did I could see the very blue sky on a sunshiny day and it seemed fine until I realized the whooshing sound was my car falling out of the sky. I had a moment of panic and "paused" my dream. I was able to look out the window of my car at the ground very far beneath me and I remember realizing that I was dreaming and that there was nothing to fear because I couldn't be hurt in my dreams. So I decided to see what would come next and started up the dream again. My car fell at an alarming rate, with me still in the backseat. When it hit the ground it was like a cartoon where the ground turned to rubber and bounced me back up. Soon the car was stable on solid ground, I jumped into the front seat, and took off to the next part of this dream that was full of more meaning that I needed to see.
So I guess my point is this, keep at it. Don't get frustrated. Focus on the things that most people can't do when you realize you're dreaming. Pick up a paper and try to see the headline or date. Turn on or off light switches as you walk by them. Look at people's faces and make out the definitions. Keep practicing these little things and eventually flying or even "pausing" a dream will come as naturally as breathing. Hope this helps!
Tsyeite
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams