Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What those characters actualy represent?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

What those characters actualy represent?

Postby Space and Time » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 am

I was at school, taking kind of a long nap, where I fall asleep and start dream actualy.

The place was a really random outcity, from that place I could see the city I live in, haifa. It was at a random moment when I suddently became aware, I remembered the lucid dream tricks and just taken a look at my hands, they we're kind of deformed, so that confirmed me being inside a dream. I thought it was cool, seeing the city I said to myself "This is haifa...", and I realised I can walk, so I walked, my walking was kinda clumsy, like I felt very spongy and soft, my walks made me bounce of the ground like I was in the moon, at one moment I felt but got up obviously. It was I randomly walking untill I discovered 2 characters.

One character was a very very yound child boy, another one was seemed to be my sister for some reason. I, reading some lucid dream tricks in the internet, I remembered of that trick to ask out my dream characters what they represent... Obviously, I asked those dream character what they represent, but instead of actualy answering me to tell me what they represent, they responded like this:

This is how the very young child responded:
"Mom, can I play now finally?

And the sister character, seemingly wearing glasses responded something like this:
"I dont want to tell Uncle Yuri that I see bad from far distance"

Now to go into details, my thoughts after waking up (since it can be really hard to keep your dream stable without it going vague, as if I was watching an bad quality movie or 360p youtube quality video)

When I thought of that young child, what came to my mind is that it represented my younger less than 10 years old younger self. The thing is, my father and mother we're divorced when I was only 3 years old, and so rest of my lives we're are living with my father and meeting up my mother only from 4 to 2 times per year. My mother now lives in a close city with her other husband. (Which I call him Uncle Yuri.)

For the sister character, it was weird that she is the one represented me being 17 years old, the times where I did not want to wear glasses as I thought it would make me look like some nerd. My vision was for some reason became really bad from distance, as it made it hard to see what was wroten in the desk at school in class, I keept telling the teacher that I cant see what was wroten in the desk, but I did not mention to anyone that my vision went bad from distance in those last years, as I did not want to wear glasses. But ofcourse after wearing the apporpriate glasses, I realised how it gave a new life to my vision and how I can after that see things detailed from distance again and that made me happy obviously.

About my sister, she lives with my mother and her husband, she (My sister) doesent call mother's husband "Uncle Yuri" like I do, because I know that he is not my biological father, but she for some reason calls him her dad, even though I explained to her that he is not her biological dad but she just didnt care and keept calling him that anyway.

But anyway, I dont understand why the sister character in my lucid dream wore glasses and represented me in my 17 years old, and specified that she is hiding it specificaly from Uncle Yuri.

So yeah, thats the reason I created this thread, I want an detailed explanation from someone who is good at interpreting dreams explain me what do those dream characters represent...
Anyone is a lord of their realm
Space and Time
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: What those characters actualy represent?

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 am

The biggest problem with interpreting lucid dreams is the interference of our consciousness on unconscious thought. That said, the vague, low-quality video captures the recollection of an important yet distant memory.

We carry mental representations of ourselves at different ages and stages in life. The young boy and girl are, in other words, internalized self-expressions. In Jungian analytical psychology, our female self is the anima, a character that conveys our least conscious functions. What she/you may be hiding from Yuri relates to negative aspects of your self-image, as you sought to remove every sign of apparent weakness. Put differently, revisiting that memory shows you the extent to which you were repressing your "inner nerd" as much as your "female self," and that Yuri was an essential part of that development.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Space and Time » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Dorn wrote:The biggest problem with interpreting lucid dreams is the interference of our consciousness on unconscious thought. That said, the vague, low-quality video captures the recollection of an important yet distant memory.

Uh, I thought that our dreams are like this because our brain is not made for making our dreams look like highly detailed like real life?

Also explain to me this:

In waking life, you feel your own body, you fell the things you touch, or pain. But in that lucid dream, It's like I'm in a poorly made VR game, aside that the dream felt like I'm running a old game on terrible graphics settings, I dont feel nothing when I touch, the physics are like I'm in the moon or something, considering that I felt bouncy like low gravity, and when I slipped (For some reason It's kinda hard to move fluently in that dream) and hit the ground, I felt nothing, no pain or felling the ground when I touched it, is it also part of dream symbol or It is because our brain cannot/not made to make an dream fluently to be like 100% real life?

As for the anima, why represent my female side as my sister? Does the anima looks differs in different dreams depending if it represents It's different sides and qualities?
Space and Time
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Space and Time wrote:Uh, I thought that our dreams are like this because our brain is not made for making our dreams look like highly detailed like real life?
Dreaming is not made for any particular purpose; it's a side effect of REM sleep present in all mammals, even those with puny brains. It is therefore best to think of dreams as a merger of thoughts, memories, impressions, and desires jumbled into imagery and distorted sense perceptions. Dreams are, for lack of a better word, garbage. And when we rummage through our garbage, examining these "waste products" and their pattern, we are able to consider what has passed through our unconscious mind.

Lucid dreams differ insofar as the conscious mind is activated, which will give you the ability to control and reshape the landscape--even upgrade it to HD or VR--in accordance with your willpower and skill. But they can also go haywire, as though you were tripping on a hallucinogen.

In waking life, you feel your own body, you fell the things you touch, or pain. But in that lucid dream, It's like I'm in a poorly made VR game, aside that the dream felt like I'm running a old game on terrible graphics settings, I dont feel nothing when I touch, the physics are like I'm in the moon or something, considering that I felt bouncy like low gravity, and when I slipped (For some reason It's kinda hard to move fluently in that dream) and hit the ground, I felt nothing, no pain or felling the ground when I touched it, is it also part of dream symbol or It is because our brain cannot/not made to make an dream fluently to be like 100% real life?
In any dreamscape, regular or lucid, "real life" and "physical reality" are nothing but lingering prejudices. If you're looking for VR, then you can reshape the lucid dreaming experience to fit that mold. You can also improve sensory impressions beyond waking life. And if touch and taste are weakened, it likely relates to negative thoughts (feeling stuck, distant, etc.) disrupting the scenario.

As for the anima, why represent my female side as my sister? Does the anima looks differs in different dreams depending if it represents It's different sides and qualities?
Dream symbolism does not abide by logical or mathematical precision. As opposed to a sign (which is tautological), a symbol is a condensation of signs. Furthermore, the condensation follows the logic of metonymy (associative stand-in) as opposed to metaphor. The anima, being an anthropomorphic archetype, will take on any condensed form that crystallizes feminine aspects of your personality, which are normally repressed. And what is a sister, symbolically speaking, if not a female "relative" with whom you share intimate nonsexual relations.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Space and Time » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 am

Ok, I got another lucid dream... It is probabaly an Lucid nightmare, but whatever.

So, this time, I was inside my city, in a random street that I know in real life, It was in the carmel mountain (Where haifa city is located). So yeah, I somehow got lucid and I simply knew I was inside a dream. However, instead of doing this trick of checking your hands, I tried instead to do something I thought would be cool.

I wanted to try to summon something, even though I never did such thing ever in lucid dream. For some stupid reason what came to my mind is summoning a random purple colored figure, I dont know why. So this happened: I put both my hands in the direction where I wanted to summon that figure and just simply "Imagined" it being there, guess what happened? In a second later the figure just materialised where I aimed my hands in, just at this momet I started to feel creepy, in seconds, the figure shifted color more to reddish with some incomprehesible loud noice (Hiss, probably, dont remember) that woke me up scared.

What does that symbolise?

Thanks
Space and Time
Dream Child
Dream Child

What those characters actualy represent

Postby boicache » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:36 am

I mainly amuse myself with forcing people to change into different things, and considering my teenage mind, most of those things are women of all different body types and mindsets XD

But yeah, total power trip when you can just zap people however ye want, frankly Im almost growing tired of it.
boicache
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Dorn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:45 am

Space and Time wrote:What does that symbolise?
Those are signs, not symbols. As I stated above, a symbol is a condensation (metonymic amalgamation). Whatever meaning is evoked by the colors red and purple are highly personal, and "figure" says nothing. If it were a figurine, statuette, or doll, then consider what it represented, its sex, age, posture, etc.

The discomfort and noise, however, are disruptions evoked by your consciousness, which is trying to wake you up.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Lucid Dreams