Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Is this is gateway to lucid dreaming?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Is this is gateway to lucid dreaming?

Postby Space and Time » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:13 am

I had those moments when I was very tired and go to sleep, as I close my eyes, falling asleep, but my awareness doesent go away somehow, I keep being aware that I'm am. So I just see how my brain generates/materialises random image out of my uncontrolable thoughts (For some reason your throughts are uncontrolable when you get into this state, but somehow still aware of yourself there lying on the bed and feel it.), as I started to thought "Wow, cool. That's epic" and attempting to "Jump" inside, the picture which is seeminly a dream that my brain trying to materialise/generate fades away quickly.

Someone can explain what does that mean? Is this is one of the methods to lucid dream if I somehow master it more effectively?

And whats that procces my brain trying to do when this scenario that I describe happens?
Anyone is a lord of their realm
Space and Time
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Is this is gateway to lucid dreaming?

Postby operatormike » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am

Dear Spacey,

From my experience, this is not how you become lucid while dreaming. You seem to be describing being on the threshold between dreaming and not. In lucid dreaming, you are in the full fledged dream state and become aware that it is a dream. A dreamer hear called Nicco helped me lucid dream a few years back when I wanted to do so. She said to notice a gap in logic or time and question it. In my dream, I was in a room with two guys I worked with and then they were gone. I stopped and tried to remember them leaving and realized they never did, it was a dream. Then the fun began.

Some folks say to look at your hands several times a day and ask yourself, is this a dream. When the action becomes rote, you will do it in your dream and realize you are dreaming. Then, to an extent, you have some control over the dream. When I lucid dream, I often interpret the dream as it is happening. I usually have full recall and realize even more when I return to waking life.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Lucid Dreams