Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

unusual falling elevator dream

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

unusual falling elevator dream

Postby photo dreamer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:11 am

I'm hoping someone can help me decode a very lucid dream I had the other night. It involves a falling elevator but it was too unusual to decipher using online dream interpretations.

I found myself in an elevator, I'm not sure if I wanted to go up or down and I don't think I was sure in my dream. The elevator closed the doors and started descending and then I just wanted to be let off on the next floor down, which was the basement floor. The door started opening at the floor but it was still going down sightly faster, but not too fast. I could tell something was wrong and I got scared. When the elevator stopped I just saw a reddish, rusty wall as the doors were still open. Then the ceiling of the elevator started bending down like it was aluminum foil giving me a claustrophobic feeling. I saw the emergency button red and pressed it. I could hear someone on the speaker and I just started to scream and shout but I couldn't make much sound. Someone on the speaker said to climb out, there's a basement there. I don't remember how I got out of the elevator, but I found myself in a basement type of hall. I could hear someone telling me to be careful because someone was there before, went off down the hall, and never was seen again. Apparently the hall is home to a monster, demonic thing. The hallway was long and there was a sharp turn as I saw on a map on the wall. It even showed a simple picture of the monster just around the bend. I walked down the hall a few feet thinking I had no choice but it wasn't that far when I looked to my left and there was a short stairway leading to glassdoors on the floor I wanted to get off at in the elevator. It was brighter with a security guard on the other side telling me to come up and he'll let me out. I woke up after that.

I was having a very hard time staying asleep that night and at times I didn't even feel like I had my eyes closed and I even caught myself trying to talk in my sleep when I woke up at another point. When I had to actually get up for work I felt rested. I didn't remember the dream until I went into an elevator downtown.

There's been a lot of pressure to perform well on a project at work. I'm also in a long distant relationship and been feeling unsure of my trip to visit my boyfriend this summer. There's been an upset in the family on my mom's side where relationships have been fractured and sides have been taken. Lot's of uncertainty of other things going too.
photo dreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams