Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Someone Else Took Control of My Lucid Dream

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Someone Else Took Control of My Lucid Dream

Postby river7x » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Last night, I had a lucid dream for the first time in a while, and considering the length of the dream, I'm pretty sure I caught my last REM cycle as well. I did not really expect to have a lucid dream, as I've failed to induce them many times before over the past couple of weeks, so I decided to explore the dream world I was in. When I was off exploring, a man dressed in all black appeared seemingly out of nowhere and told me I was not allowed to go that way. I was confused, so I told him I can go that way because I control the world. The man laughed to himself and told me I was actually in his dream, which I thought was odd as I never told this dream character that the world we were in was a dream. The man then took away my power over the dream and turned it into a living hell. Throughout all of this, I was aware that I was dreaming, but completely lost my control over the dream and tried to force myself to wake up as I have before in lucid nightmares, however, the man dressed in black claimed he was blocking my ability to wake up and I was not able to wake up. He then basically wreaked havoc on my dream world by making 20 giant giants appear and with each giant giant came thousands of smaller giants. The giants proceeded to destroy my dream world and try to attack me and I knew I was safe because I was in a dream so I attempted to fight them back. It did not take long for one of them to injure me in the dream, then I realized I actually felt the pain of getting bit and I could not make the pain go away. The man in black reappeared and said something along the lines of "I need you to kill these 3 people. If you don't you will never wake up." I tried to find ways around it in the dream, however, it seemed to be the only way I could wake up, as anytime I tried to kill myself in the dream anything I tried to use to do it would vanish. I then killed the 3 people, feeling his eyes on me the whole time and I felt the remorse and felt terrible after doing it each time. After I saw the man in black after I killed the 3 people, he still would not let me wake up and then he followed me from a distance for the rest of the dream. The didn't really progress much after that and I ended up figuring out how to drown myself and wake up and as I was dying I could hear the man in black's voice inside my head saying "2071 will be an interesting year" and that's really it.

I don't really understand this phenomenon and I don't know if it's important or whatnot as I really haven't heard of any stories like this and wanted to see if other people have had a similar experience in the past. I don't know if there are any steps I can take to prevent this from happening in the future but if you could please let me know that would be greatly appreciated.
river7x
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Someone Else Took Control of My Lucid Dream

Postby Spanxyphaux » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 am

I had this dream where this small 3 foot tall black ghostly looking grim reeper looking dude holding a lantern was floating in the air and seemed to stop me from continuing on in my dream. I was floating around in this house but although I was becoming semi lucid I still could not keep controlling where I was floating around to. I end up coming across this room and I am pulled into it where I see the little hooded dude and it was dark, I was put to a hault floating there next to him or whatever it was. I was staring at him and feeling confused and then started to not be able to breathe and he was holding his hand oout that looked kinda like a skeleton hand. I was starting to feel like I was going to suffocate completely and I was truly frightened for that moment, then I woke up. It didn't feel like it that should have been there and I have never had goofy nightmares with monsters or weird creatures before. Not that I don't have interesting imagination and dreams on their own, but I just don't have dreams like that because that's not what my mindset is like. I'm not truly afraid of made up monsters and such but whatever it was in my dream was strange. I have one other dream that is an example like something didn't belong but this one was the first time. I was annoyed by it when I really thought about it because I was realizing "damn, that sob actually scared me in my dream" I have a proud mental attribute concerning how my dreams are and when I'm lucid in my dreams and I know it is silly to truly be scared because it's all a part of your own creation. It was interesting.
Spanxyphaux
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Someone Else Took Control of My Lucid Dream

Postby mouseisquite » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pm

i have apocalyptic dreams every freaking week and it sucks. i actually wish someone could tell me how to get rid of these awful dreams... i really just want to sleep. tbh ive never had a dream of a person in black in any of my dreams but usually i do see the world ending in the terrifying ways ive ever seen. people are always screaming and crying and running. dogs are barking and trees are on fire and its so scary but i always stay in the middle of whatever disaster is happening, so when i red that you couldnt get out of the dream i understand you. i hope you don't get these dreams again.
mouseisquite
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams