Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I can't stop having lucid dreams

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

I can't stop having lucid dreams

Postby Feitan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:29 pm

I keep having lucid dreams I am always aware and in control, it is just really boring knowing everything is fake. I usually wake up super annoyed or bummed out about it. But about 2 years ago I had a dream were it wasn't lucid I woke up as happy as ever on what happened in it not even knowing it was fake. I even had to google something that happened in it, (if it was real it would have been in reports therefore google would have worked) nothing showed up I was like. Wow a non lucid dream? Amazing!
So my question is: How can I stop being aware?
Feitan
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I can't stop having lucid dreams

Postby MrMr1992 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:45 pm

I don't think you can. I've never had anything but lucid dreams, ever since I was a child. The extent of my control varied, sometimes I could influence everything, sometimes much less, but I always knew that I was dreaming. Mostly, I simply go along with what the dream wants to show me (I still sense the emotions and have the knowledge provided to me by the dream) since, depending on the dream level you're in, there's a meaning to it, something it wants to show you that you have to make sense of. There's certainly nothing arbitrary for something as elaborate as a dream, in my opinion. The only option, though unsustainable in the long run, is to pass out from alcohol and being in a dreamless state, yet not even this may be a guarantee.

Why would you want to rid yourself of it anyway? It offers you so many possibilities and so many chances that other people devote much time and energy to to achieve. You may use it to garner a deeper understanding about yourself, you may use it to perfect certain abilities of yours that can help you in your waking life (I have heard of athletes learning to lucid-dream to train their sporting abilities; even though it's only a dream, your muscle memory is still trained to a certain extent - this isn't merely a notion from what I know, while kept low, this is actually what some famous athletes do). Alternatively, you can delve even deeper, if you're so inclined, pushing the limits and accessing new areas, interact with spirits, have things revealed to you and perhaps even breach horizons that few people can actively reach. In the end, you may simply use it as an outlet of your creativity, where naught but your mind is your limit, you can recreate situations and perceive them from different angles, perhaps even access hidden memories of yours, whatever those may be.

As to the dimensions/limits thing, if you're ever to breach these areas, I can only advise you to beware. Perhaps you're stronger than me, but I know what I have seen and experienced in them, and to this day don't fully know what to make of it and am happy I woke myself up from them. Others were beautiful and enlightening. Use it with caution and wisdom - it's a gift that shouldn't be squandered nor be taken lightly or considered boring. Make the most of it and the most of yourself.

(Sorry for the sermon, I was simply hoping to perhaps show a different way of dealing with your talent than to run away from it for lack of knowledge on how to make it useful rather than boring)
MrMr1992
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams