Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Does this happen to anyone else and what is it?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Does this happen to anyone else and what is it?

Postby BeeNi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Often when I'm very tired and I try and drift off to sleep, I fall into a light sleep. What happens is I get stuck in a recurring cycle of trying to wake up, a sequence of dreams, if you will.
I 'wake up' several times in my room which could be any place but in my dream I know it's my room. I think I've finally woken up until something bizarre happens and I realise I'm in a dream and immediately try to wake up. Although what I've been doing lately is testing out some things, like flying for example. I can make it happen sometimes and/or make objects move. In my dream, of course.

So this happens about six or seven times: I 'wake up' in the dream, realise it's a dream when something happens like I speak well and sound muffled or I look at my phone and can't read it. When I finally wake up my heart is usually beating so fast and I'm definitely less tired.

Can anyone explain to me what the heck this is? I've been experiencing it for years now.
BeeNi
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Does this happen to anyone else and what is it?

Postby Dorn » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 am

BeeNi wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the heck this is?
You're suffering from sleep paralysis.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Does this happen to anyone else and what is it?

Postby BeeNi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:00 am

Really? Uh oh.
BeeNi
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams