Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Need to know if this is normal.

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Need to know if this is normal.

Postby RecentDreamerIThink » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:28 pm

OK. First of all, english isn't my native language, so excuse me if i make a mistake.
Now, the other night i had the closest experience to a lucid dream i can remember and i have a doubt. Details about the dream itself are irrelevant, i was with some friends at it and some dialogue made me wake up whitin it. The disturbing part about it was that i actually opened my eyes and i was plenty aware of my surroundings, both in the dream and in the real world. I remember how parts of both were overlapping, and it was pretty bothering, since i couldn't rest properly. That uncomfortable moment didn't last for much and later i was fully immersed in the dream, still pretty lucid. Even so, it was a restless night.
I want to know how normal is this, considering "normal" applies in this kind of experiencies; and if there is a way to have proper, nice lucid dreams.
RecentDreamerIThink
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Need to know if this is normal.

Postby nicco99 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:14 am

Don't know how normal that is... but I did have a dream once where a man told me that there was a portal in the corner of my room. I fully woke up, looked in the corner, said he was lying, then went straight back to sleep to tell him he was a liar.
~ Dude, Suckin' at something is the first step to being sorta good at something. ~
nicco99
the Chosen One
the Chosen One

Re: Need to know if this is normal.

Postby Tyrodos » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:54 am

I had a similar experience, first time I became lucid I began opening my eyes, in my dreamworld it was creating a split as if my whole reality was getting cut in two, though it was my eyes opening and it being my room that I could see. What caused it I think was either 1 or both things:
1) I was getting too emotional in the senses that I was becoming to alert and really trying to look at what I was looking in my dream with my eyes. Causing me to use my eye muscles with a lot of strength causing my eyes in waking life to open.
2) Not believing my reality was real... Because this was my first lucid experience it could of that I doubt that I was actually experiencing it and caused me to wake up. Like any of the other "unreal" things that happen in dreams that wake you up (Finding treasure, Sex, Dying, (really up to the user) etc..).
Tyrodos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams