Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Need help with interpretation

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Need help with interpretation

Postby Tsyeite » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:57 am

So, to begin, I am a lucid dreamer. I have been able to control my dreams since I was a teen. Flying, turning on lights, reading actual words, etc...the works. I can do all of those things, so to have a dream that I don't "control" doesn't happen to me anymore. Hasn't in a very long time. So I always know at any time that if I don't like where a dream is headed I can stop it, which prevents me from having nightmares and thus, prevents me from being afraid of dreams. I usually allow the scarier situation dreams to play out so that I can get more information and satisfy my curiosity as to what's happening. This dream I had has an element that I've dreamt of before, tornados. With all that said, here was my dream.

I am in a town that I don't live in. I am with someone I don't recognize, yet I know this person is a close friend. We are standing outside of a house and looking up at the sky in the distance. There I see a very large and ominous cloud that seems sentient in it's own right by the shapes it takes on. It continually morphs and moves fluidly as though swimming through water. It stops it's approach and turns into hands (left hands) which all then turn to their left and grab the wrist next to them, linking up and forming a large circle. Once they do a large black tornado appears in the center of the circle and begins coming after us and the town we're in. I react instantly (again, I've dealt with tornados in my dreams a lot recently) and try to find a place for my friend to hide. I end up putting her in a fridge (it's off) with no shelves or drawers in it. I try to climb in with her but we both can't fit. Rather than feeling despair at having nowhere for myself to hide I feel more...defeat. I close her into it and turn away and wake up. Any thoughts on interpretation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Tsyeite
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Need help with interpretation

Postby Sheena » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Unclear what you are putting on ice. So consider it as a part of self, some way of being that you value and you hide, associated by you with feminine qualities.
Given the clarity and excellence of your interpretation for that strange MMO dream it is understandable that such a mind would be disturbed by amorphous thought, so there is something also to consider about tolerating ambiguity.
What is unknown to you or unknowable about you apprear as nihil and gathers into a vortex, which generally symbolizes conflict and guilt that leads to violence and scapegoating.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Need help with interpretation

Postby Tsyeite » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Sheena wrote:What is unknown to you or unknowable about you apprear as nihil and gathers into a vortex, which generally symbolizes conflict and guilt that leads to violence and scapegoating.

I had considered all the normal interpretations of a tornado, to be sure, however in looking at my waking life I really can't pinpoint anything that I feel guilty over or that I would be trying to pass the blame of onto someone else. Perhaps therein is the problem and thus interpretation itself. Lol. Thank you for your thoughts though! I will think on them.
Tsyeite
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams