Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

first lucid dream

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

first lucid dream

Postby Binpoet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 am

Had my first lucid dream recently. Well if what i think is a lucid dream is right.

I was in a supermarket that i used to work at when i was 17 my first job. The people where awesome and a few months ago i was told it was torn down and a new Tesco was built there. Which i felt ever so slightly upset even though I was never going to visit it. why would I, it was only a job and its hundred of miles away. Anyway im dreaming im there and I come to the rubber curtain at the back of the store that customers cant walk past and i think ....i cant go back there.... i dont work here anymore....... and i thought dont be stupid of course I can Im dreaming.

I then go walking around all the rooms out the back it felt amazing to be in control whilst dreaming. it felt empowering i remember not wanting to go into room i didn't know as i thought what happens if I walk in there I dont know whats in there either ill wake up or my mind will imagine what it cannot know and i wont to keep this as real as possible. i then went back out to where the food was on display and it all looked so amazing the deli counters of the gods lol. there no way we would ever of had that much food out as it wasn't that busy a supermarket. The supermarket felt a little larger in scale but the layout even fixtures and fittings were bang on.

I know boring dream walking round a supermarket but to be in control felt great.

regards Dave

i dont suppose this dream had meaning as its pretty non discript apart from being lucid. but heh maybe.... also would love to lucid dream again
Binpoet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: first lucid dream

Postby Sheena » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Shopping and markets are all about having choices and making decisions. Too many options is stressful.
There is also a sense here that dreamer's penchant for nostalgia is putting him in places where he does not belong.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Binpoet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:09 am

Ive been thinking about choices, decisions and actions a lot recently. I've always believed purely in a deterministic universe. Recent events made me think i may have a free will. Im not really comfortable with it. It brings a notion of crushing responsibility. That i could by my actions or even intent cause harm to others. During my manic episode i lost the ability to make any decisions. (i mean any decisions at all, someone asked me if i wanted a door open or closed and i had absolutely no idea what decision to make).

Its weird but for about 30 years i believed in determinism and if given the choice of which one i would want to be true i would of said "free will". Who wants to think of them selves as a puppet of circumstance and coincidence? But now i have an idea i may have a free will, the notion and the responsibility attached feels over whelming. Now it feels like i would want to be a puppet on the end of the universes strings.

I know most people worry about real world issues such as bills, poor health etc and i obsess over the free will determinism debate. During my period of mania it was that debate and things such as alternate realities and thoughts of consciousness that i obsessed over.

This got weird quickly lol

Dave.
Binpoet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 pm

This is a manifesto by someone who refuses to be all grown up.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Diceus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 am

I was with some friends playing some kind of game where we were at the top of a huge hilly area with jungles below we had to glide/ski down to reach a certain point, picking up tremendous amounts of speed and going airborne between hills before landing on the next downhill to continue with the momentum.. I can’t remember the exact point of what we were doing but I think whoever reached a certain point won, although we might have just done it for fun. At some point when skiing down I realized that this was kind of amazing with wind rushing past me I realized I was dreaming and got so excited at the idea that I realized I was losing focus. After 2-3 seconds it started to fade out and I went back to normal dreaming.
Diceus
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams