Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

instant lucid dreaming? is it possible?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

instant lucid dreaming? is it possible?

Postby lucidbodys » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:18 pm

I am wondering if it is possible or have any of you experienced instantly lucid dreaming. and if so, what are the techniques?
lucidbodys
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: instant lucid dreaming? is it possible?

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm

You mix with water and heat in microwave.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby lucidbodys » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Ha.

I have just been curious about the "in between" stages of entering a dream, so lately I've been trying to meditate into a dream, i usually just end up projecting, aware of my body "falling asleep" at my place as my mind travels elsewhere. but even then, when i let my mind slip into a dream without the awareness, I "black out" and enter the dream, usually a few minutes in, I'll realize I am dreaming and usually wake up.
lucidbodys
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Subconscious_Surveyor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:49 am

The term your're referring to is called a WILD or "wake induced lucid dream" and it is contrasted by the MILD or " mnemonic induction lucid dreams which are the most common types of lucidity. I would suggest looking up these techniques.

In a WILD one falls asleep and enters a dream-state while maintaining consciousness and awareness. For most, it is extremely difficult as it requires a great deal of focus since the mind tends to drift off during the start of dreaming. There are some who have told me that they can induce a WILD quite easily. WILDs can be something you can practice and train yourself to do just like normal lucid dreaming, however there is risk. When the body is falling asleep it will induce partial paralysis on itself. This helps keep you from running off your bed while you're running in your sleep, etc. The feeling can be extremely uncomfortable, and I can attest to the fact that it can sometimes feel like you're dying. It's completely normal however and if you can calmly bypass that stage you're very close to entering a full dream state.

I believe I had a partial WILD only once. The dream only lasted a second because as soon as I realized I had started to dream my emotions woke me up, but it was a very interesting experience.

Good luck!
Subconscious_Surveyor
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams