Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

seizures in my Lucid dreams

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

seizures in my Lucid dreams

Postby Noodles95 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am

Yo!
I'm a 22 male, I've been working on lucid dreaming for fun. dreams have always interested me. I have successfully dreamed lucid dreams many times, however there are a few times where I would not be able to control myself and it would be nightmare-ish. ( sometimes involving alcohol, sometimes not) in my dreams the moment I realize its a dream i start to have like a weird seizure and can't move or talk.it's a very horrible feeling. I know its a dream so i have to close my eyes and just let it pass until I wake up. this has happened 5 or 6 times in the past year. I have never had any past history with any real seizures ever.

They all happen at or a few moments after in the dream when I realize I'm in a lucid dream and I am self aware.

The one that was most disturbing was one time I was sleeping in my bed. my girlfriend was sleeping next to me. I woke up in my dream in my room. the architecture in my room was different but i didn't seem to notice. I looked outside and saw I was in outer space. that's when I knew i was dreaming. I looked out at all the stars and saw a planet slowly approaching. it was another earth.

That's when I started to hear metal music playing quietly getting louder. soon it was really loud and the other earth started coming towards me fast like a meteor. the singers of the music sang " FATE! HATE! PAST! DEATH!" over and over as it got louder. and the other earth crashed into ours.

As it did I got hit by some force and I woke up. I shot right up and was seizing I was in my regular room and my girlfriend was sleeping next to me all i could do was fall over at the foot of my bed I was trying to move and scream but it was helpless just muffled sounds and my girlfriend was sound asleep. it was terrifying

That's when I woke up for real. wide eyed same room, girlfriend still asleep.

The last dream felt so real. like another me somewhere had a seizure and I lost a part of me, but also when I woke up I felt extremely calm and relaxed once I realized it was a dream.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks
Noodles95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: seizures in my Lucid dreams

Postby Dreaming Life » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:53 am

The seizure stuff sounds like sleep paralysis, I used to get it a lot. Still do now and again. I wrote about it here:
https://www.dreaming.life/sleep-disorde ... alysis.htm
Does that sound like what you're experiencing, or is it something different?
My own dream site: https://www.dreaming.life/
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Noodles95 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Dreaming Life wrote:The seizure stuff sounds like sleep paralysis, I used to get it a lot. Still do now and again. I wrote about it here:

Yes! Very interesting stuff, I've never looked into it before I tried searching dream seizures on google but count find anything lol.

Thank You!!! :cheers:
Noodles95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Dreaming Life » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 am

Yeah, I remember when I discovered it was a ‘thing’, was such a relief it’s not just me, or daemons or some other scary shit :D
My own dream site: https://www.dreaming.life/
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby lucidbodys » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Dreaming Life wrote:The seizure stuff sounds like sleep paralysis, I used to get it a lot. Still do now and again. I wrote about it here:

would this be the same as feeling in a dream that i'm falling towards the floor but it seems like it feels like its slow motion and almost as though i will never actually fall on the floor
lucidbodys
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:26 pm

By verbal outburst, dreamer is angry. Physical motion may be a release of the tension involved with this anger.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams