Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I told some man I was dreaming (He said, Thank you!) ???

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

I told some man I was dreaming (He said, Thank you!) ???

Postby Gamer M » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 pm

I was in grandpa's house it was raining outside. I climbed out onto the roof of the house. (Wondered why I did that) Then realized I was dreaming. I was crawling across the roof, then I slipped and fell off. Realized I was in a huge city all of a sudden. I was clinging to the edge of the roof with my hands. A man and woman walked by. They whispered something to each other and laughed. I didn't like how they looked at me. I realized the ground wasn't far so I let go of the roof. As soon as I landed, I saw what seemed like a million people all around me (Not sure where the house went). I was very uncomfortable. They were all my nationality, except for one. I figured I should maybe try talking to someone. I walked towards the only foreigner and said, "Excuse me! Hi!" He turned around to face me and I became even more uneasy. He asked me what I wanted (very kind tone). I said "I'm sorry. I don't know what to say." He told me that's alright. To take my time. After a long hesitation, I said, "Well for one thing. I know this is a dream." He smiled and said, "Thank you!" I was confused. I wondered why he thanked me for telling him that I was dreaming. I thought there must've been some communication error, but I just left it go. I felt more relaxed to talk to him. I began asking him something and then my dream shattered. I wanted to talk to him. He was extremely nice, unlike all of the other people who normally appear in my dreams.

When I woke-up. I thought maybe he said thank you, since I picked him (out of all the people) I could've talked to. Not sure why he said that.
Gamer M
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: I told some man I was dreaming (He said, Thank you!) ???

Postby dank_dan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 pm

I've had similar experiences where I would say something to someone and they would reply with a short and contextually inappropiate response like that, and it couldn't have been a communication error.

Perhaps "thank you" was actually meant as your subconscious congratulating you that you were aware that you were dreaming. Do you recall what happened after talking to that foreigner?
dank_dan
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Gamer M » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:27 am

dank_dan wrote:I've had similar experiences where I would say something to someone and they would reply with a short and contextually inappropiate response like that, and it couldn't have been a communication error.

Perhaps "thank you" was actually meant as your subconscious congratulating you that you were aware that you were dreaming. Do you recall what happened after talking to that foreigner?

I remember feeling relieved and happy. I was no longer nervous to talk to them. I began asking them a question, then my vision began rapidly fading. I woke-up before I could finish (or hear a response)
Gamer M
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby shift1085 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:36 pm

You are a communication error, Luce. I know you can do it, just give it a go! :hugs:
~Fortunately is all about excellent planning~
~alpacas are just tall sheep~
~Following a Beeline to it's logical conclusion always precipitates the tossing of butterflies~
--- Quantum Cat
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Return to Lucid Dreams