Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreamjournal 8: Dreamarchitect

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Dreamjournal 8: Dreamarchitect

Postby MJG » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 am

Dear Forum,

Yeas I've weekend so I just woke up from my second sleep-in and now I'll start the day for real. This time it seems that my dream was incredible influenced by the movie inception which I saw really recently.

I was dreaming about being a dreamarchitect like Ariadne is in the movie Inception. I was working on math, physics and nature to make these things possible. I did these things in class so to made learning new things possible. The thing was that I was creating things within the dream, I was concious enough to call it a half-lucid dream, because I was only creating, but not deciding to come back to class after every task. First of all I was chased by someone on a beach and my task was to avoid him. So I used the closed loop technique and made stairs which went down to the beach downstairs. I was runing and saw the opening to the beach in a black hall. When I came to the beach it was the same beach ofcourse, but not for the chaser, because he was stuck in the stairs walking circles and circles all over again.

My second task was the same when Leonardo Dicaprio is runnning from his chasers while passing a really narrow shortcut between two streets. I was passing such a shortcut as well and my task was to avoid the chaser again. What I did was waiting at the other side until the chaser entered the shortcut as well. When he did I entered the narrow shortcut on the otherside and turned it around so I was standing on the other side again and could run back into the street the chaser came from and the chaser was standing in my old position in the other street.

Then I came back in class again studying about architecture in mountains. So during the third task of my dream I had to avoid a chaser while passing a mountain downhill. So what I did was making flat stairs while jumping so I could keep on jumping all the time until I was down the mountain, but because I was downstairs earlier I could collapse the stairs so the chaser was gliding instead of jumping and maybe died, but I've not seen that.

The third thing was about time. I took the challenge to balance time in the dream, but I don't remember what my real goal was. All I remember is watching the clock from a studentseat behind a table and try to mix it up.

After this my alarmclock went of so no more things to say.

I don't know who gave me the tasks all the time. Maybe a teacher did, but I didn't see any teacher in my dream or maybe I ordered my self to do these tasks as a challange for my self. I think it was the last one, because that's more like me. Your feedback is welcome ofcourse.

:wave: MJG
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Dreamjournal 8: Dreamarchitect

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 pm

MJG wrote:went of so no
It's poetic, but what language is it???
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby MJG » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Sheena wrote:
MJG wrote:went of so no
It's poetic, but what language is it???

Yeah, sorry Sheena I'm Dutch and making some mistakes all the time. It should be: "my alarm went off."
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Fragile Skies » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Dutch is an interesting language - did they get a special offer on vowels??! :)
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby MJG » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Fragile Skies wrote:Dutch is an interesting language - did they get a special offer on vowels??! :)

Yeah maybe we did :lol: :lol: :lol:
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby MJG » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:48 pm

But Fragile Skies what about the dream. Creating my own Environment was a great experience. Did you experience this once as well?
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm

OK, linguist, then what is 'so no'??
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Fragile Skies » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:02 pm

MJG,

I've had lucid dreams with some degree of control, but mainly just a sense that I know I'm dreaming. As for creating loops or manipulating the timeline, that seems beyond me.

Perhaps the closest experience I've had was a dream about being on an open-top train, whilst chanting 'OM'. Each time I chanted 'OM' the scenery around me would morph and change in interesting ways. Perhaps it is a metaphor for life - I can't stop time or change the destination, but I can influence the journey, especially if I try.

I have tried meditation in waking life, whilst listening to recordings of Buddhist chants. One benefit is it often leads to vivid or even lucid dreams (as per the one above). Perhaps you could try it?

Often meditation just helps me get to sleep, but on rare occasions I get into a more unusual state of mind, unlike dreaming, waking, or dreamless sleep. I remember on one or two occasions reaching a purplish-black void, being conscious, but not really conscious of anything. I've also experienced sudden 'flashes' of vivid images, often in combination with feelings or concepts that seem hard to describe. I find this stuff really interesting, whether it's the brain firing to fill empty space, or 'practice for death' as some say, I don't know.

...and Sheena - I expect all your posts in flawless Dutch from now on! ;)
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby MJG » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Sheena wrote:OK, linguist, then what is 'so no'??

Sheena it is spoken language for example:
- So no more sweets for you girl.

I was trying to make a conclusion in the sentence you know.
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby MJG » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Fragile Skies wrote:
I have tried meditation in waking life, whilst listening to recordings of Buddhist chants. One benefit is it often leads to vivid or even lucid dreams (as per the one above). Perhaps you could try it?

I'd like to try some meditation, but I'm not doing it really often. Most of the times I'm working on mindfulness by using breath techniques and muscle tension and relaxation.

Your lucid dream experience is cool as well. To be honest I'm not having these kind of dreams every night. To increase them I'm using sleep-ins, breathing techniques and visualizations.

Oh and Sheena are you Dutch?
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm

No. My first language is Nglaa!gv. Unfortunately there are no keys for cuneiform on this keyboard.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams