Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What triggers a lucid dream? Discussion anyone

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

What triggers a lucid dream? Discussion anyone

Postby Sweetsangria » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:04 pm

I'm really curious the hear what triggers your lucid dreams?? :dreams:

In a psychology class I once took we discussed lucid dreaming briefly at one point. My instructor told us he could lucid dream in one way only: when he dreamt about driving home from work. He'd eventually look at his hands gripping the steering wheel and it would trigger him to realize he's dreaming, then he could go wherever he wanted and do as he pleased until he woke up.

I once dreamt simply of swimming in the ocean and almost getting attacked by a shark... so I punched it in the nose like you'd see in movies :dusto: Realizing hey, I'm dreaming and just swimming around with enjoyment.

So I think I'm kind of the same way as far as the hands triggering awerness goes...

I'm very interested in hearing some personal experiences and how the hands and other (maybe even unique) triggers are related to signaling to yourself that you are dreaming! :geek:
Last edited by Sweetsangria on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetsangria
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: What triggers a lucid dream? Personal expierences anyone

Postby Sheena » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:32 pm

Desire, volition, delusion.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: What triggers a lucid dream? Discussion anyone

Postby MonkeyMostEvil » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:37 am

Lol- coming accross so many elided posts by different users recently! I guess a lot of different people seem to be optimistic they can get their point across with things like unnecessarily verbose word selection and intentional vaguaries.

In regards to your shark dream-Ive had that too- but mine is not in the hands. Its actually pretty unsavory. I get all phlegmy and cough up in inordinate amount of phleghm (plaque?) and then I know Im dreaming. Ive had lucid dreams before but never a trigger- it just developed this year (why I came on these boards- to learn more). Im also curious how this develops and why. I also find water interesting once you realize you dont have to hold your breath.
MonkeyMostEvil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 pm

MonkeyMostEvil wrote:unnecessarily verbose word selection and intentional vaguaries.
demonstrates what it targets.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby MonkeyMostEvil » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 pm

I just dont like bulies thats all- and you are one. I could cite/quote all the examples but like I said - you clearly need this- and Im ok as is. Moving on. And last word!! boom!! Internetting is easy..;
MonkeyMostEvil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Lucid Dreams