Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream where part of you "stays" in the dream?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Dream where part of you "stays" in the dream?

Postby bander567 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:51 pm

This is really hard to explain. I had a dream about maybe 8 months ago that has stuck with me ever since. It was a time I was binge watching both Stranger Things and Rick & Morty, so that may have had something to do with it? But it seems more serious than just TV shows shaking me up.

How the dream went was I was on a train, just a typical public transit subway-styled train going through kind of an open farm land, but was close to a city skyline. There was a little girl on the train, maybe 3 or 4 years old, that was staring at me. She was with her parents and they were both minding their own business. Everyone was dressed in business attire so it felt like the end of the workday and that everyone was going home. I didn't think much of the girl staring at me because kids stare all of the time. The train was just riding along and then, suddenly, it all went haywire. I'm not sure exactly what happened but it felt like the train crashed and caught on fire and started falling apart. All of the people of the train suddenly disappeared, and I had no idea what was going on. I ran out of the train through the smoke and rubble and looked back. I then noticed that the little girl was still there on the train. I ran and grabbed her before she could get hurt, and ran back away from the train. I suddenly heard a voice / got a feeling saying "You need to get out of here NOW, this dream is going haywire!!". I looked up and saw a bright light in the sky that I knew was the way out of the dream / the way to wake up. But the girl still had not disappeared, and this "portal" I guess you could call it was closing quickly. She was missing the way out. Then it felt as if I was talking to myself. My other "self" said mimicked the first voice/feeling saying "come on, we need to go NOW!" And I said/thought "well, I can't just leave this girl here alone in this strange world of god knows what!!" I looked back to the city skyline and it was dark and scary and I had a feeling there were no other humans there. My "self" that was leaving the dream then said something like "f*ck, okay, I will come back for you!!". And then the portal closed. And I then woke up.

Anyone ever had a dream like this...? I don't know what to make of it at all. For a little bit more context, I do have a 5 year old sister that I would do anything for. This little girl did not feel like my sister, though.
bander567
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream where part of you "stays" in the dream?

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Sometimes when I have a nightmare, I become aware that I'm dreaming and then think "I don't like this dream. I want to wake up now."
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Return to Lucid Dreams