Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Fear of Dreaming

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Fear of Dreaming

Postby Voyager1969 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 pm

I have had very real Lucid Dreams so much in fact I use medication that naturally suppresses dreaming but even then rarely I still do dream but the recall is not as intensely real. I really do not like to have Lucid Dreams mainly because each one is so different and unpredictable. In a very large percentage of these experiences I would say 80% of the time I am able to control flight just by will. Meaning that it's the same concept as when you will yourself to get up and move towards something in the physical state, I have found myself flying at incredible speeds and landing on objects at will with fear but still doing it. Now to get to the most significant part of my post and why I fear dreaming and do not wish to experience these events. 1st- I have had many reoccurring but never in the same way unbelievably real dreams about Nuclear War and Urban combat yet I have never been in the military and I have not had perceptual contact with any movies or pictures or news-coverage of Nuclear War prior to these experiences yet I have seen and felt the light blast of Nuclear Weapons in my dreams and I have engaged in Urban combat in what seems to be modern day urban towns. 2nd- I have had dreams of different realities that so defy the physics of our reality that I can't deny these places validity. I have been in other realities that seem to have no gravity and others that the Gravity is only around 18 to 24 inches off the surface and when you will yourself to jump out of it you become airborne and can fly. The most profound experiences I have ever had really defy the mind one in particular was when myself and 3 other men where standing around A white 2 door 70's era Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 and when one of the men raised the hood of this car and starting talking about the way this car worked I was such in shock to what I was seeing that I knew it could not be real and that's when i was propelled back into my body. This car had a engine that ran on pure Air-It super heated air and combined it with super cooled air along with creating immense pressure in it's core-then injecting water and generated the power of a mini thunderstorm to power it. Believe me I wish I would dream this again because I would draw schematics in my subconsciousness LOl and invent it. I believe that some dreams are true experiences while others are manifested by our worldly interactions and for most of us that's terrifying. I do not want to dream of war and death or of people who have died and 90% of my dreams are as such. If I could only dream of other amazing worlds and of positive experiences I would love it however that's not the case so I will continue to suppress my dreams because terror I can live without.
Voyager1969
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams