Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream of war

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Dream of war

Postby CuriousGuy313 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 am

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this?

I'm a strong believer in dreams telling you something and 9 times out of 10 this site is right.

However this is the first time I have asked for help.

Something traumatic happened to me about 6 months ago. I won't go into it.

But I started to have this dream about war. Anyway it's happening more and more, but last night it was more detailed than ever.

There's a group of us. It's the 1940's. We're over enemy lines and we're hiding out in a house in an abandoned village. We're trying to figure out a way to get out but it's literally impossible because of the enemy patrolling the village. It's happening more and more and last night because it was so vivid it really shook me up.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Thank you
CuriousGuy313
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream of war

Postby Sheena » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes, the dream is about threat, fear, helplessness - all responses to trauma. Time to pay attention to it, doncha think. Function of the dream is need to notice for self that have been hurt, which dreamer apparently resists or suppresses.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby badger2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Apparently, the context of the trauma will influence the dream, so one may choose the PTSD trajectory as a source of information.
badger2
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:31 pm

2 is badger the dreamer for some personal gossip.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby passedout » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:09 am

Actually, a side effect of PTSD is frequently reoccurring nightmares. War in dreams is described as representing "chaos and disorder in the waking life." Actually, just last night i had a dream about war, i went on a full detail rant about it on the general discussion. :lol:

You may have PTSD, it depends on how traumatizing the event was.
passedout
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:13 pm

As to the name, Curious is a buzz word for bisexuality. You could apply that to the dream paranoia about hiding and being found (out).
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams