Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

alcohol black-out like dreams

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

alcohol black-out like dreams

Postby colorado_skibum » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 am

hello all,

I am able to lucid dream regularly, about 2-3 times a week. The lucid dreaming started spontaneously for me about 2 years ago.

Lately, every time I dream, I try to figure out where I am and how I got there(in my dream). immediately, my mind thinks I have blacked-out from alcohol since I cant figure out how I got there or what exactly is going on. Until I realize that it is only dream, I am in deep regret and shame from "blacking-out"(in my mind, the black-out is from alcohol). The whole waking up and going "where is everything? where am I? did I drink too much again!?!" freaks me out. Again, the feeling of shame and regret stops once I realize that I am in a dream and that I didn't cause this by drinking too much. But once I realize I am in a dream, I become so relieved that I didn't induce this black-out myself, that I wakeup. I have blacked-out many times in real life from alcohol, although I don't drink anymore. So, I know a thing or two about waking up in strange places, not knowing how or what happen to lead me there.

I want to know what this means? I don't really care to continue these dreams since they are blah, just really confused on what this means. Have I been lucid dreaming too much? To the point where anytime I dream, I try to become lucid, thus inducing the "black-out" feeling that I am accustomed to when I cant figure out my surroundings?
colorado_skibum
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: alcohol black-out like dreams

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Theme here is blame for the effects of drug abuse, and regret about them. Dreamer blames self, somewhat defensively; habitual, a default, overlearned in a certain system, probably FoO; when dreamer allows awareness does not have to stay unconscious, therefore healthy to break this taboo.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby colorado_skibum » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:59 pm

probably FoO; when dreamer allows awareness does not have to stay unconscious, therefore healthy to break this taboo.

thank you for your post! I have found great value in your comment. After reading your post multiple times, I feel like I understand everything besides the last part. Can you please elaborate or rephrase on the last part?
colorado_skibum
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:17 pm

OK. If you would think about it and talk about it you would not have to dream it - or you could continue not to know something you know.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams