Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Meeting the owl

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Meeting the owl

Postby missangel006 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:03 am

the other night, I felt my body go entirely numb as I started to lucid dream. My body was weightless, and I was going through this dark blue tunnel. It reminded me of the tunnel visuals from the old windows media player. As I continued down this blue space looking tunnel, I saw at the end there was a beautiful brown owl. It was just staring at me as if it was waiting for me to reach it. I felt myself get excited, and I ended up hyperspeeding backwards away from the owl and out of my lucid state. I have never witnessed an owl before... nor one of these tunnels.. and I lucid dream quite often. Any ideas why the owl appeared to me finally? or why he appeared?
missangel006
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Meeting the owl

Postby operatormike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Dear Miss Angel,

According to Native Americans, an owl is sort of like an angel of death. It might be a warning that someone you know and love will die soon. I once saw an owl fly through the woods in waking life. When I went home, my wife told me that someone called to tell me that my uncle had died.

In Western conventional wisdom, the owl symbolizes intelligence and wisdom.

Here is the dream dictionary blurb:
To see an owl in your dream symbolizes wisdom, insight, magic, expanded awareness and virtue. You are highly connected to your intuitive senses and psychic power. The owl is also synonymous with death, darkness and the subconscious. The appearance of an owl may be telling you to let go of the past or certain negative behaviors. Dreaming of a white owl or a snow owl highlights your new awareness and enlightenment.

To hear the hoot of an owl in your dream denotes disappointments and death. Your subconscious mind may be trying to get your attention.

To see a dead owl in your dream signifies some illness or death.�Death in this sense may be a symbolic death, as in an important transition in life or the end of a negative habit.

To dream that an owl is trying to peck your eyes out means lacking insight. There is an issue that you are trying desperately to avoid.

Does anything light up for you? Do you feel like you have a clue to who or what this owl may be or mean?
Who who who

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Re: Not Meeting the Owl

Postby Superman1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:52 am

Looks like Dr Who, that tunnel, in his TARDIS time travelling, sort of, if you've ever seen that show.

Hmm, an owl might be the only nocturnal bird. That might explain both theories of it's meaning, Mike.
Darkness = death,
and = seeing in the darkness.

Miss Angel 006 (not quite Angel 007 yet)'s tunnel looks like her old way or self, so her owl might fit both explanations.
If death of her old self brings wisdom. Staring at her with those big eyes, so she can see like that.
Another dream from today had blue and brown too. I thought in that blue might be cold, as brown was certainly warmth.

Lucid dreaming and the body going numb, plus hyper-speeding backwards at her excitement to reach the beauty beyond might be a certain unreal expectation to be the spirit or separate oneself from the body or physical. So it wasn't allowed and she exited the lucid state.
That's just my impression, surprisingly. :o
"I lucid dream quite often." This might be the danger of it, similar to a drug, a cheat that can never meet reality, or turning it upside down.
If true, or false I should say, the true wisdom then, or seeing beyond the darkness, would logically be lucidity in reality. :shock:

On second thoughts I'm probably wrong though in my interpretation, and it translates to her experience in a similar way.
Such as she is not making real her ideal, so goes backwards, or perhaps focuses on thinking too much.
Or it could relate to wisdom of being warmer, to overcome the narrow restriction of cold darkness, but she feels out of control in this (I just checked out her other simultaneous dream about The Day After Tomorrow, lol :( ).
So it looks like in this one she felt numb, wanted to escape the freezing cold but overpowered couldn't reach the exciting wisdom to change or control it.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby operatormike » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Superman,

Yes, I used to watch Dr. Who all the time. It was on PBS. My nephew and his bride did a wedding with Dr. Who as the theme. (and I thought I was crazy!)

So Angel was doing some kind of travelling that is for sure. Angel? Are you out there?

Peace,
OM
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby missangel006 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 am

The owl looked like the great horned owl minus its "horns". Possible they were laying down, but he was beautiful. He didnt make a sound, nor did he take his gaze off of me. He was just standing on some sort of pedestal that blended in with the tunnel. My senses told me it wanted to show me something. It was a crazy feeling I havent experienced before. Like I said, I have never experienced an owl in my dreams before, and I dont necessarily think/deal with owls on the usual either.

Ive spoken to a few people who have mentioned the native american spirit animal theory. After researching, it seems to really fit, but then again.. its still hard to decide its meaning since I didnt make it very far.

I have honestly never watched Doctor Who, so at least I know my mind isnt just copying what I watched. It felt so crazy to be ripped out of the tunnel like I did. I could feel the gravity coming back and the feelings in my limbs as well.
missangel006
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Ghuntington » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 am

Hi,
What I've learnt from my own dreams is that there is nothing in a dream by chance. Therefore, if you answer the following questions, to the best of your recall ability, I will happily give you an interpretation of your dream as if it was mine.

First tell me the number of scenes in your dream. THEN FOR EACH SCENE I want you to tell me the following:

I want you to look in your mind, as the observer, in the following directions and tell me what you see:
1. To your left.
2. To your right.
3. In front of you.
4. Behind you.
5. Above you.
6. Below you.

It’s all right if you can’t recall much. Simply tell me what you see and make sure I know what direction it is from you the dreamer. In my interpretation, you’ll see how this is a symbol itself.

When you are describing what you see, tell me in as much detail as you can recall about it. So things I am very interested in is what are walls, doors, windows, stairs, tables, etc. made of, age/style, colour, etc. The same goes for anything outside. You’ll see in my interpretations how all of this tells us lots about ourselves.

Lighting:
1. Tell me what the lighting was like, i.e. bright, dull, black, cloudy etc.
2. Then tell me where the light was coming from.
3. Can you tell the time of day or season?
Lighting is important in a dream because it’s a symbol of vibrational state. I’ll explain this during my interpretation for you.

Objects:
If there are any objects in a dream scene, then tell me about them as follows:
1. Shape, size, colour and what they were made of.
2. Where the object is in the dream relative to you, i.e. left, right, etc.

I’ve found objects in dreams are usually symbols of things we first need to concentrate on spiritually. I’ll explain this in the interpretation if you had any objects in any of the scenes.

People:
For each person in a dream scene I want you to do the following:
1. Describe them to me in as much detail as you can recall. This includes age, gender, clothes, colour of the clothes, what the clothes were made of.
2. Tell me where they were in the dream scene relative to you, i.e. left, right, below, etc.
3. Tell me if they were lying down, sitting, standing, walking, etc.
4. Tell me what they did with you. Don’t skip the details. Simply tell me exactly what happened.
5. If there are any conversations or thoughts between you and the person or others, then tell me EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID. This is important.
6. If there were others you couldn’t see but felt, then let me know where you felt they were in a scene relative to you the dreamer, i.e. left, right, etc.
7. For people who you know in real life, tell me anything that's different about them in the dream versus the real life version.

Animals. Etc.:
If there were any animals, insects, birds, reptiles, fish or whatever in any of the scenes, then tell me. Describe them in as great as detail as you can recall. Also let me know where they were in the dream scene relative to you, i.e. left, right, etc. Then let me know of any thoughts that passed between you and them.

Thoughts/Feelings:
This is a very important part of every dream scene. Take your time, go back and tell me the following for each scene:
1. What was your first thought/feeling as the dream scene began.
2. Tell me of any thoughts/feeling changes as the dream scene progressed and let me know where in the scene this occurred.
3. Tell me your last thought/feeling as the dream ended.

I realize this is a lot of work. HOWEVER, I think you might be surprised by how much you can learn about yourself from a single scene.

With kind regards,
Guy :)
Ghuntington
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby the_alpha_mook » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:39 pm

I know the show "Twin Peaks" is rooted in owl mythology, the winged genius. Owls are why we feel we are being watched sometimes. You may be getting that paranoia via owls, they are watching you now. They know more than they let on. Not much of an interpretation but I have yet to see an owl or as I call them "Catbirds" in my dreams. knocking on wood never helped but im doing it anyway to prevent them owls from invading my dreams. If I were to choose an animal to be, I'd be what I fear like Batman. My name would be "Owl" only spoken in english with a strong brazilian portuguese accent.
the_alpha_mook
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:23 am

Would that sound like OWOOL?

P.S. There is a bird called a catbird. It is related to a mocking bird. It makes a call that sounds like a cat.

http://www.audubon.org/sites/default/files/styles/hero_cover_bird_page/public/Gray%20Catbird%20s52-11-190_V.jpg?itok=nr25wmum

Peace,
OM
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper