Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What does this mean?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

What does this mean?

Postby Lachoneus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:38 am

I had a dream last night and I'm trying to figure out what it means.

I was in a building similar to a Recreational Center. The area I was in had 4 swimming pools. The pools were in a separate room and there was a walkway going down the center so you can see a pool on each side of you as you would walk down this walkway.

As I walked, I noticed that the first two pools that I passed had some people enjoying themselves. The next two pools that I saw were both unoccupied and not very well lit. I decided to go to the unoccupied pool on my left, I went down on some steps at one corner and swam to the opposite corner of the pool enjoying myself. I don’t know why no lights were on.

Next thing I knew, a young lady came in to the same pool area I was in, but I felt that she was looking for me. She may have even made a comment that she knew I was there. She descended the steps into the pool opposite of me. Out of nowhere, a young female child, perhaps 6 or 7 years old, appeared and wanted to play.

Any interpreations?
Lachoneus
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: What does this mean?

Postby left22 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 am

The two pools to the right with people enjoying themselves in could point to an area of your current experiences perhaps as they deal with social issues (the pools seem to be public)
Perhaps the “super ego” is involved and the expected path.

However in the dream you go left and down the steps – the subconscious – following a path that you are not yet fully conscious of. Following your instinct.

As well as symbolizing cleansing, purifying, baptism… water also symbolizes the boundary of consciousness, what lies below being unconscious and above conscious.

By following the left dark uncertain path and entering the pool you will create the space in your life for re-connection to your authentic self/soul and play with possibility as represented by the child.

It appears you are at a cross road of choices. Choose the safety of what you know, perhaps what society and family think you should follow or look within and choose the less traveled road.

This is not a right and wrong thing, like the people in the pools to the right you would also likely enjoy yourself if you choose that direction.
"Childhood is the dream that allows us to understand what we do not yet know." ― Muriel Barbery
left22
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Lucid Dreams