Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I watched a paralysis documentary... Interpretation?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

I watched a paralysis documentary... Interpretation?

Postby badblood00 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:45 pm

I never knew that was a thing! And I am afraid it'll happen to me!

Now I can't stop waking up in dreams over and over and over.
I tell myself you're dreaming wake up!!!!!
My body is weighed down then I push air out of my chest and I wake up.
However then something strange happens and I tell myself you're still dreaming WAKE UUUP!
Over and over again and I look around whatever room I'm in and notice something isn't right until I finally wake up. I don't like this feeling at all.
Before I wake up for real it's incredibly difficult. My body is so heavy and I feel like I'm falling through space. I'm awake I'm aware of my window being open yet I can't move my body or stop dreaming. However I can feel the real world around me. I know I’m close and fear that I'm never going to get there.
:worry:

Last Night
It was dark and there were other people around me. I kept trying to put things on the table that I accomplished once before but now I couldn't. I kept getting closer to the floor after seeing people in the room looking at me as though I was drunk and they were judging.
I let myself know that this isn't actually real life. "You're dreaming wake up"
i wake up, I'm in my mother's house I believe. She's in the kitchen. I wake up again and think oh that was a dream now I'm home. On the carpeted floor next to the small kitchen my mother is doing dishes where I awaken. I tell myself "wait this isn't my mom's house there's nothing all over the floor! (kid toys random papers, etc) WAKE UP!
I awaken again in her house this time in the hallway near the door, it's more dirty but not dirty enough, maybe she's moving again?
A friend of mine is there and he was at the first location too. This time he picks me up and swings me around like a child. I was comfortable however we were inside so knocked over some things. I told him I must be dreaming because even he wouldn't show me his eyes. Nobody would. He tried to hide them. Then was on the floor because we must have fallen after swinging around. He fussed and hid them then I told him "See! I'm dreaming none of this is real!" He finally looked at me.
His eyes were greenish yellow bright cat eyes. With a "Ziiiing" kind of noise. His pupils were wide then into slits.
I crawled over to a cat who was behind my mother. I told her I wanted to pet her. her eyes were the same. I tried to ask my mother if I could look at her eyes but she was behind the fridge door.
Then my boyfriends alarm went off and I was so afraid to go back to sleep I sat up for about an hour.
Kept feeling really heavy, dreaming before I was actually asleep.
Eventually I fell asleep without anything happening.
This freaks me out a lot how do I make it stop?
badblood00
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I watched a paralysis documentary... Interpretation?

Postby horradreem » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 pm

I've seen it but I have also experienced this a handful of times differently. When I was addicted to meth I would go to sleep wake up and not be able to move my eyes were open fully awake not able to scream or move a muscle. This would last under a min but is the most terrifying experience. When I regained my ability to move I would just cry and be very distraught.
horradreem
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I watched a paralysis documentary... Interpretation?

Postby February » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm

This happens to me quite often too. It's not a very nice experience when it happens, but I've got used to it now.
Do you get loud noise in your head and a vibrating feeling with it as well?

I don't think you can make it stop, what I did was be aware of it, and allowing myself to go through the motions and try and alter the events. It can be pretty terrifying.
February
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Lucid Dreams