Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

A dog bit me

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

A dog bit me

Postby tiya » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 pm

I dreamt that a dog was happily sinking its teeth into my right leg... it was as if happening in slow motion. But I woke up in pain and found that I was also jerking my leg about sharply trying to shake off that dog. The pain was distinct a sensation. In fact even now I can feel it, when I recall it. Somehow, this dream has put so much fear in me each time I see a stray dog. It terrifies me to recall the dream even now.
tiya
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: A dog bit me

Postby ValleyViking » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Tiya,

Interesting post. When I was only 8 maybe 9 years old I had a dream of a dog chasing me on my bike. I could barely keep in front of his vicious snarl and every so often his nose would hit my back, just above my right hip. (Right side of lower back, right about the belt line) I don't remember now the dog ever actually catching me but to this day, 45 years later, every time I see a unfriendly, strange dog I get a twinge in that very spot. I have learned over the years to use this as a signal of my own safety.

I love animals, especially cats and dogs, and I want to pet every one of them I see. Amazingly enough this sensation has spared me many potential bites or injuries. I've seen nasty, snarling, barking dogs that I walk right up to and pet, blowing the owner away and in contrast have steered away from mellow, kick back dogs due to the twinge, only to later find out the vicious nature of the animal. So this hopefully will be the same type of "warning system" for you in the future. Pay attention to your leg when you approach dogs you know and later strange dogs. If your leg twinges, burns, feels like a bite, I'd stay away. On the other hand if you get no sensation, it's my guess you'd be safe to approach...but BE CAREFUL until you figure out for yourself!!!

Blessings of Light and Peace,
Valley Viking :dreams:
ValleyViking
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby crazy12 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 am

well dogs sometimes bite. so i dont kow how this could be very confusing..you prolly have some underlying fear of dogs or... dogs symbolize loyalty and someone who you think is loyal to you may be stabbing u in the back... or biting ur leg ... either one... ever think about that?? huh ??? i think not.
crazy12

Postby p18epper » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 pm

1st of all a grawling dog is a warning symbol in a dream...Consider this; has someone that you trusted, (close friend or family member), let you down or hurt you dramaticly in the past? Your scared trust in people has been violated...u have been hurt harshly...When you get this type of dream, be very careful of those closest to you...Someone is going to intentionaly set out to do you harm. If the dog in your dream is baring his teeth, watch out for infections or disease, maybe even sexual. This disease may not pass easily...Be careful
p18epper

Return to Lucid Dreams