Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

How do I lucid dream?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

How do I lucid dream?

Postby Catlover » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:07 pm

I've been wondering how to lucid dream plz help
Catlover
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: How do I lucid dream?

Postby Stevoo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:08 pm

I always find I have my most lucid dreams after taking the sleep aid called Melatonin which is perfectly safe to take by the way as it's naturally occurring.
Stevoo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby jameskerry » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:54 pm

First, you need to keep a dream journal that will help you know your dreams. Then you can try practicing lucid dreaming while still awake...this is called the reality check and the more you keep doing it, the higher your chances of lucid dreaming become.
jameskerry
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Subconscious_Surveyor » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:11 am

Here's a bit more of an explanation:
Start a dream journal. Write down any and all details you can, insignificant or not. The idea here is to become familiar with your common dream archetypes aka setting, environment. Why this familiarity is necessary will be explained shortly.
Next, practice daily reality checks. This means throughout your day take a brief pause and ask yourself, "am I dreaming?" You can verify this by checking the time in a phone or clock. Check the time, look away, and check again. If the time remains the same, congratulations, you're awake! Do this often, everyday. The idea here is that after this becomes routine, you'll eventually do the check in a dream and find out that time DOES change. Thus, you conclude you are dreaming! That is base level lucidity.
Now back to the dream journal. Once you recognize what common dreamscapes you have you can start to tell yourself when I see common dream places or characters like the beach, or my brother, etc, those can be triggers to initiate the lucidity.
A lot of this comes down to mindfulness about how your dreams work and reminding yourself of the intention to be lucid.
Happy dreaming!
Subconscious_Surveyor
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams