Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lucid Dreaming - numb tongue - feel like fainting

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Lucid Dreaming - numb tongue - feel like fainting

Postby Miss306 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:00 am

This is my first time writing on a dream forum and I am hoping to find some answers or some sense of hope that I am not crazy.

Alright here it goes. So, in my awake life I am talking on the phone with my best friend (Josh) who lives two provinces away. (He lives in Saskatchewan and I live on Vancouver Island) We talked for like half an hour, we hang up, and I decide to have a nap. I fall asleep, and in my dream, I am sitting in the living room when all of a sudden Josh walks into the room from the hallway. I was like, "no way!?" questioning the very thought that I just got off the phone with him and that there was no way that he was able to teleport from Saskatchewan to B.C.. I walk into the kitchen and it's not my kitchen, but it feels like my kitchen -like in dreams where you are in a city that you know in your dream as being that particular city, but it's not that city in real life, but in your dream land you know it as that city- anyway.. I am in this dream kitchen and Josh walks in the room and as soon as I started thinking "this is a dream," my tongue starts to go numb, and my whole body feels tingly as if I am about to faint, and then Josh starts to pix-elate from the ground up into tiny little bright pixels of light until he disappears. I was like, "HOLY #$@*!!! I am in a dream!" my friend walks into the house and I am like, dude, we are inside my dream! and she is like "mmmhmm" and I am like, "I am serious!" and to my amazement she actually believes me!!! she was then helping me tell people inside my dream that we were inside my dream, until the dream just eventually faded back into me not actually knowing that we were in a dream anymore, and it turned back into a regular dream.

Has anyone had this experience with the tongue going numb and body feeling tingly when realizing that you were in a dream. And were you able to alter your dream by making someone disappear, appear, or anything along those lines?

I am going to post more of my dreams in other forums on this site, I have nutty dreams that are not lucid, but are worth wondering about, like the other night when I saw a sun dollar in the sky behind some trees, but then realized that it was the end of a rainbow, and when I walked through/stood in it, it felt like I was in a vortex, or a vibration zing feeling like sun beams, but more like how you would feel if you were walking through a wall or being teleported.. No clue where that came from, but I will post about that somewhere else..
Miss306
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Lucid Dreaming - numb tongue - feel like fainting

Postby Deathdealers747 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:19 pm

What's wrong with being crazy!? We're all a little crazy in our own way.
I love Dragons!!!

Some good reads by me:

"Experiment Accidentally Gone Wrong" -
http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102559

"Past Memory Recall" -
http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=108194
Deathdealers747
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Lucid Dreaming - numb tongue - feel like fainting

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:34 pm

I too have felt moments of numbness and weakness combined with visual disturbances, and they frequently happen during moments of spontaneous lucidity before I can anchor myself to the dream. I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, but I think that these experiences mean that the link between our minds and the dream is weakening because we are starting to wake up. I relate lucid dreaming to the Holodeck technology from Star Trek, so my visual disturbances take the form of the holodeck grid flashing through disappearing scenery.
DarkAxel
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Lucid Dreams