Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can someone please explain Lucid dreams Vs Obe

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Can someone please explain Lucid dreams Vs Obe

Postby Indigoride » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:05 am

I've been reading a lot about Lucid dreams and Obes (out of body experience)
Before my interest it used to come naturally to Me. I'd often have sleep paralysis and see spooks in the room, and I know that could've been all in my head. But the main feature of these experiences was the buzzing in my head and the inability to move or speak.

Later I always felt like something was pulling my astral arm in the air. I even felt myself float around my room. But in no way did I make any attempts to induce it which obviously frightened Me.

Recently ...Ill call this case 1 :
I've seen myself get out of bed and float around the ceiling but had no recollection of how it happened. I doubt it was a dream because I heard my Mother and Aunt call nme and when I woke up they confirmed that. I also was very aware that I wasn't quite awake. I even told myself I would ignore them while I was floating. The question is shouldn't I see myself sleep not get up?

In case 2 , I tried the technique of waking up early. Though I didn't set my alarm for 6am I decided to wake up at 2am. By 4am I was back in bed and immediately I felt myself attempt to leave my body. I tried a bit too hard to move and went back into my body. I tried again and went to the kitchen, opened the door and tried to go through the wall but I felt like my head bumped into the wall or was being blocked?!?! I thought the astral body could do anything unless God forbid I'm a sleepwalker now which I highly doubt

Case 3 Had Me attempting again. This time I was in between being awake while my body was asleep. I felt vibrations and everything in the room looked distorted.

Can someone please explain what's going on here
Indigoride
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Can someone please explain Lucid dreams Vs Obe

Postby Deathdealers747 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:38 pm

OK. Here's the thing. Each person is entitled to their own beliefs. So, you can take this as complete crazy talk and nonsensical bullsh*t, or you can take something useful from it. Up to you (and everybody that reads this).

First off, you're not having an Out of Body Experience. Your being attacked by an Energy Vamp[ire]. It's simple: Fight the inability to control yourself, and take back control, and you'll defeat/ward off the Energy Vamp. Yep. It's that simple.

Lucid Dreaming is when you are in a dream and presented with a scenario. That scenario has challenges for you, and those challenges can be chosen by you, on a conscious level, rather than an unconscious level. Sleeping is a way of the brain processing information; thus, most people go to sleep and "collect their thoughts" about what happened in their life recently. However, every now and then, there will be an oddity to it. You'll experience something that you've never experienced before, or, at least, in that manner.

The first step in Lucid Dreaming is always: Control. In order to control yourself within the dream (and, possibly the dream itself), you first need to realize that you are sleeping and dreaming, and that, as real as it is, it is not real. To do this, focus on your breathing. Hold your nose and try to breathe for 10 seconds. If unsuccessful, then you are not dreaming. But, if successful, then you are dreaming and the environment around you is not real. Often, I'll dream about swimming underwater or being a ghost/dead, and I'll also be able to breathe with ease. So, off the bat, I easily figure out that I'm dreaming.

However, Energy Vamps drain your energy from you by utilizing the fear to their advantage. The more afraid of loss of control that you are, then the more power that they have over you, and the more controlling interest that they have in you and your energy that you collect and store, daily. Whether you are really dreaming or really not, just deathly afraid of it being real, is completely up to your mind and you. Me, personally, I don't care, because I'll f*ck it up, nonetheless.

So, good luck, and god speed!
I love Dragons!!!

Some good reads by me:

"Experiment Accidentally Gone Wrong" -
http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102559

"Past Memory Recall" -
http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=108194
Deathdealers747
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Can someone please explain Lucid dreams Vs Obe

Postby Indigoride » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 am

Well thats the thing, Im usually aware that im not awake when these things happen. And how is it possible to be troubled by "things".

I mean I don't really believe in all that
Indigoride
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams