Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Flying Dreams

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Flying Dreams

Postby Lady Daffodil » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:07 am

Every once in a while I dream that I'm flying. And I don't mean in an airplane. I take a leap and then I'm flying, just like Superman, with my arms outstretched in front of me. If I want to go higher, I raise my arms, if I want to go lower, I lower my arms. One time I was actually teaching someone else how to fly! I love these dreams, because they feel so real, I can feel the air rushing by me, and the scenery is so clear, and I always remember them after I wake up, and I never forget them. They seem to happen in the morning, just before I wake up. I always know that I'm dreaming, and I am enjoying it so much that I don't want to wake up. I just love having these kinds of dreams, and when I remember them I get a good feeling. :excited: Are these lucid dreams?
Lady Daffodil
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Flying Dreams

Postby Sheena » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:34 pm

That's odd. Seems a lot of work. We usually fly sitting down.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Lady Daffodil » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:49 am

LOL. It's not a lot of work at all, I just fly through the air "with the greatest of ease" as the song says. It feels wonderful and I always feel good when I wake up from one of these dreams. I wish I'd have them more often! :D
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
Lady Daffodil
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Holding the arms out we mean.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby leeloo83 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:52 am

I find my flying exhausting... think I'm still learning. I can only fly when I'm fleeing from someone or something. I have to almost flap my arms and I can't do it for long
leeloo83
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Julierogers » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:37 am

Flying dreams are generally a wake-up call to your conscious mind. Having experienced flying in your dream is a true characteristic of lucid dreams
Julierogers
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby wdt33 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:29 pm

I fly in different ways. Sometimes it's easy others it's hard and I can barely get off the ground.I once flew into space. It was very cold and quiet.quite lonely. Sometimes I'm just playing ball and take off.
wdt33
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am

Lady D,

Yes, these are almost certainly lucid dreams.
Lady Daffodil wrote: I always know that I'm dreaming
This is pretty much the definition of lucid dreaming. When you become aware that you are dreaming, you become lucid. Most of us choose to fly once we realize that we are lucid. Not sure why, just a thing that we do. I love this sort of dreaming, too.

I think that it is an elevated state of consciousness. It is similar to the state of contemplative prayer. We can communicate in a special way with God in this state. If you read the Book of Daniel, it would seem that he engaged in lucid dreaming for his prophesying. He was able to identify King Nabuchodonosor's dream by dreaming himself. I believe that he went into lucid dreaming and asked God to reveal to him the kings dream. He was also well trained in interpreting dreams.

After lucid dreaming , I will often observe events from the dream in my waking life.

Dream on!

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Lady Daffodil » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:22 am

Gee, I just opened this thread and noticed that I'd posted this originally in January of 2016. I forgot all about it. I guess that's why when I went to register for this forum last week it said I'd already registered! I actually forgot that I had registered last year, LOL!

Anyway, thanks for your answers. My flying dreams are very fun and relaxing. Occasionally, I do have trouble getting off the ground, but this doesn't happen so much any more, it's usually effortless, and raising or lowering my arms isn't strenuous at all. (You all do realize that I'm talking about flying WITHOUT the use of a plane, right? :D Sometimes I even fly right through walls and windows! I can feel it, but it just feels like I'm going through a thin film of some sort. Very interesting, huh? Sometimes I am teaching another person to fly, I'm holding hands with the person and telling him/her what to do. :)
Lady Daffodil
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby operatormike » Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 am

Dear Lady D,

Sounds like fun. Yes, I believe we are all talking about flying like Superman. Sheena is joking. Sheena kind of grows on you after a while.

Peace,
OM
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Lady Daffodil » Mon May 01, 2017 12:35 pm

:) Yup, flying like Superman, good description! Those are my favorite dreams! :clap:
Lady Daffodil
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby operatormike » Thu May 04, 2017 9:48 am

Could be that the writer of this song was learning to fly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhNCTH8pDs
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Sheena » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:23 pm

operatormike wrote:Sheena is joking.

Shame on you, Mike. You went too far. Usually you are objective. This time you spoke for the mind of another - a big No-No.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby UniversalSecret1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:18 pm

I love flying. Feels so real and authentic when I'm doing it. I used to have a hard time flying. Had to start with flapping my arms and stepping onto solidified air to get high up and be able to glide...did that for a few months then bam one night I just fell right into my dream became lucid and was already flying, all I had to do was think about the direction I wanted to go and imagine a speed and I started zooming around. Went so fast that I couldn't mentally produce more dreamspace and I woke up. From that point on all I need to do is think about flying and it happens. It's second nature now...but the feeling never fades..how excited I get from the wind racing around my face and through my fingers...seeing things as only a dovah could lol. I have amazing dreams. Truly feel blessed
UniversalSecret1
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 am

To Sheena,
Sorry, point well taken. Please excuse my avuncular tendencies to coddle the emotions of young people. I will let them work out their own relationships heretofore. It's the better approach and better for them in the long run.

To US1,
I had to google Dovah. So, a dragon. I might read the Elder Scrolls some day. I recently got interested in High Fantasy. I read the entire series of Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Great stuff. I also read The Sword of Shannarah by Terry Brooks. It was good, but using Wheel of Time as a yardstick, it didn't measure up for me. Now, my son-in-law got me all five books of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin. I have not opened the cover of the first book, A Game of Thrones, but I am interested. There is an endorsement on the back cover by the late Robert Jordan. Also the guy has the gonads to place the RR in the middle of his name like Tolkien, maybe there is something to him. I have the TV series on DVD, but have never watched any of it. Maybe I will someday after I have read the series, maybe I won't, not sure. Reading is more entertaining to me.

I am currently reading a non-fiction book by the paleoanthropologist (from Cleveland, Ohio) who discovered our putative oldest ancestor to date, Lucy. It is called Lucy's Legacy by Donald Johanson. When I finish, I plan to begin A Song of Fire and Ice.

Godspeed you on your next flight!
Peace,
OM
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby interpreter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:12 pm

@Lady
Ask to see The Truth. This is what you are looking for. The answer.
interpreter
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:47 pm

To Mike: Avunculus is the paternal uncle, the term meaning little father. It is not paternal to invade the boundaries of others to 'coddle' and soothe. That is done directly. The projection of your rescue fantasy could make you dangerous.

To rpr: Then you want Paul Pierce.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby 22dreamer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:44 am

Flying dreams are the best in my own personal opinion, I've been flying since my childhood and like you mention teaching someone how to fly just might be true. I was tought by two individuals how to fly long ago. Anyways, in my personal experience flying has no kind of way it's how you feel most confortable. I've jumped to start flight in the beginning, just take off, see my flight only I'm white mist, done the superman like you say because i see myself from above, and even had a couple falls. A couple weeks ago I was flying to my favorite place, it's an island and for some strange reason I landed wrong. I was flying at a super speed don't remember why but I hurt my left foot. I wake up just to find that I was hurt from my left foot having to go to the doctor. To make this short I came back home with a boot, pain medication, and crutches. Thankfully I'm walking okay now but still recovering.These flight dreams can take you to places you never imagined and at the same time take you to places you should be prepared for, I've had an experience were I was pulled to outer space at the speed of light, it was scary, beautiful, freezing, and interesting.Well fellow dreamers hope get to know you better soon have pleasant dreams.
22dreamer
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby operatormike » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 am

Welcome to Dream Moods, 22.

-Peace,
Operator Mike
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby 22dreamer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm

I really appreciate a friendly welcome! Thank you!
22dreamer
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby charlotte_mason » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am

As I know, it means increasing in something)
charlotte_mason
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby MonkeyMostEvil » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 am

Sheena wrote:That's odd. Seems a lot of work. We usually fly sitting down.

@ Sheena- Ooh not sure I like this- like at all to be honest. Youre projecting a strangeness on Lady D's experience that could be indicative of a sub-conscious need to assert your realities on others- this can be especially dangerous to newcomers as they are just in the infancy of developing their ideas about dream study. Encouraging apathy or a lack of effort in lucid dreaming is also disappointing.

@ Lady D- Enjoy your flying dreams. Like others I sometimes struggle to fully achieve flight and I always wake up a little more optimistic about my day after a dream where I achieved full flight.
MonkeyMostEvil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:29 pm

ey - Go fuck yourself.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby MonkeyMostEvil » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:16 pm

@wtd33- Ive also tried that- although I woke before I cleared the atmosphere :P

@sheena- thanks for contributing!
MonkeyMostEvil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Not your call, ey, the initiator is ff. Go soak your head.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby MonkeyMostEvil » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Last word- I win! 8 more years of university to push people around on a message board??
MonkeyMostEvil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Lucid Dreams