Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

So excited but lost.

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

So excited but lost.

Postby SelenaGayle » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:04 pm

I've been hearing about Lucid dreams since I was 8. Ive heard many ways to check if you're dreaming, keeping a dream journal, etc etc, but I've never been able to understand just how to stop during the dream and figure out whether Im dreaming or not. After Ive woken up and started to go throughout my day, I usually get short flashbacks of my dreams, and the other day I had a flashback of myself stopping a situation in it's tracks and realizing that the only way that said situation would have taken place was if I were dreaming. I remember saying outloud, "This is a dream". The people I was with were arguing with me, trying to convince me it was reality and continuing on with what they were doing. I believe I woke up and passed back out, not giving myself enough time to soak it in. I was so excited, when I finally remembered it, that I had actually recognized the dream, but I havent been able to do this since. How do you take the time to recognize youre dreaming? (Not techniques like the light switch, I mean how do you actually manage to stop and do so?)
SelenaGayle
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: So excited but lost.

Postby ChronicDreamer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:43 pm

I've never had others interfere with me before. Generally, if you are unsure if it is a dream, that means that it is, so remembering that might help you. Obviously, your first act in a lucid dream should not be something dangerous, on the off chance that you're wrong—but try jumping up (off the ground, not a building) to fly; looking into mirrors (they may be distorted, reveal something, or even act as portals); or willing something to happen.
ChronicDreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams