Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Never had a lucid dream before, explain what just happened?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Never had a lucid dream before, explain what just happened?

Postby Shylin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:01 am

I go to bed very tired, also I'm kinda sick so I think that's important here - to emphasize I was very tired.
I fall asleep pretty quickly, I imagine, and it's a relatively normal dream where I'm at church. Not too important, but it's very crowded and I'm very tired so I try to find a place in the back row. Here (again, in the dream of course) I find myself on the verge of falling asleep. Among the commotion I hear my dad say something, and in the dream I look back to see if I can see him (and also think something like 'ugh, I'm about to go to sleep') but he's not there. The voice I heard was very different from normal given the setting, almost like it came out of the sky. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think of the possibility that I heard him in real life (it wasn't by the way, although he has visited before when I was sleeping). So A. I've never been lucid before in any sense and I do think this is kind of a big deal that I acknowledged it being real life...although that happened without me acknowledging that I'm in a dream.
Now, the weirder part: I fall asleep, I guess, and I'm in my room. I don't remember seeing anything at all, but I know I'm there. I feel overwhelmingly tired and try to get up with no success, like my bones are lead and I can lift myself up maybe an inch or two. I don't know why, but I had the feeling "I have to get up. I'm going to die if I don't." and I try but couldn't (this wasn't sleep paralysis, just well like I said feeling like lead). So I struggle with lifting my arms and body and continue failing to get up more than a few inches, and I also start panicking there (just within the dream because of the situation I guess...not panicking due to paralysis). And then at the same time I try opening my eyelids, which feel completely shut. I want to say there was a voice/my voice telling me "wake up" and that sounds cheesy, I don't think there actually was such a voice but I knew my goal was to wake up. Anyways, this struggle goes on for 4-5 serious burst-of-energy attempts before I awake very suddenly. I know it was a dream and not sleep paralysis because I could move and also my arm was in an entirely different position than what I was doing with it in the dream.
Anyways, this is my first post, and this dream shocked me enough to make the effort so I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Was this a first step to becoming lucid? Any comments on what happened?
Shylin
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Never had a lucid dream before, explain what just happen

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Lucid is not real. Nor so-called sleep paralysis. This is hypochondraisis.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams