Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Any Lucid Dreaming Tips?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Any Lucid Dreaming Tips?

Postby evxvxs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:42 pm

I've been trying to Lucid Dream for a while with little success. When my body becomes really relaxed, I eventually just fall asleep. Once, I began to experience intense vibrations, and I began to hear a distorted electronic song. This was all very new to me, and despite mentally preparing myself, I was shocked awake. I manage to fall quickly back into this state after calming myself down, and this time I heard a cascade of what I think was a child's laughter, followed by an eerie, downbeat piano tune with a female vocal accompaniment in a foreign language. This too, shocked me awake, but this time I wasn't able to try again. I simply fell asleep.

What I do:

1) Lay down flat, with my arms at my sides
2) Focus on each part of my body, one at a time, until I am very relaxed. It usually takes about 10 minutes
3) I roll over onto my side, where I am most comfortable sleeping, and forget about my body, attempting to focus on my headspace

After this I eventually lose consciousness. I've tried counting my breathing, repeating a phrase, expecting a dream to happen, and it has only even come close to working once. I've been doing this for several weeks. Could it be I am too tired and simply fall asleep due to my drowsiness? I do usually stay up pretty late, 12-2 AM, and get up around 7-8. I'm about to make another attempt, I decided to post this just before I go to bed so that I will be thinking about lucid dreaming as I settle down. I will post an update on how it goes. High hopes, as always
evxvxs
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Any Lucid Dreaming Tips?

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Actually, Question? Are you a member of Dream Views? I think you would Benefit you to become a member there. They will help with all the Dream questions you may have.
Let me Refer you to Dream View. If you are a serious lucid dreamer, they have dream guides that can help you, there! :)
Here: http://www.dreamviews.com/forum.php

~LauraW Are familiar with W.I.L.D? Do you have a Dream Journals?
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby evxvxs » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Last night, I was unable to achieve a lucid dream, or even stay awake long enough to notice myself falling asleep. As usual.

Statuesque_Beauty8 wrote:Actually, Question? Are you a member of Dream Views? I think you would Benefit you to become a member there. They will help with all the Dream questions you may have.
Let me Refer you to Dream View. If you are a serious lucid dreamer, they have dream guides that can help you, there! :)
Here: http://www.dreamviews.com/forum.php

~LauraW Are familiar with W.I.L.D? Do you have a Dream Journals?

Yes, W.I.L.D. is the lucid dreaming method I've been attempting, so far to no avail. I'm not a member of Dream Views but I do have their WILD tutorial bookmarked. I'll look into it. Also, no, I don't keep a dream journal. Is it very helpful for this process?
evxvxs
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Yeah, it would be helpful to have a dream journal and it is a great tool for the Lucid Dreaming process. I know that most of the member's there have a Dream Journal. They also have lessons on how to be come lucid and stay lucid that could help you too.
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby evxvxs » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Statuesque_Beauty8 wrote:Yeah, it would be helpful to have a dream journal and it is a great tool for the Lucid Dreaming process. I know that most of the member's there have a Dream Journal. They also have lessons on how to be come lucid and stay lucid that could help you too.

Neat. I think I may have achieved dream awareness last night. I think I may have been able to stay up because of an adrenaline rush; I was regrettably involved in breaking up a domestic dispute about 20 minutes before I went to sleep.

I had much more trouble than I usually did getting my body to fall asleep, it felt like my limbs wanted to explode into movement. I was eventually able to get this under control however. Yet, while I noticed it was easier to stay focused mentally, I did end up falling asleep, although I have very vivid memories of short instances of dreams, like an image where it is deep fall, and I am walking down my street to the intersection at the end. A giant flurry of leaves blew by me and across the crosswalk.

I was also playing chicken with a strange amusement park ride similar to a pendulum, that both spun and swung. The riders were haphazardly clinging to and deftly swinging between the bars of the machine; there were no seats.

Interesting dream experiences in which I felt aware I was dreaming, yet controlled nothing, not even my whole self.
evxvxs
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams