Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreams becoming more vivid, and now lucid again.

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Dreams becoming more vivid, and now lucid again.

Postby Nav1179 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:27 am

Lucid Dreaming.... Up until recently, I was unaware of this term although I have been able to do this for probably most of my life, I am almost 36 years old now. Some of this would be called DILD & WILD if I read correctly, and usually rather effortless...just whenever I chose to, and sometimes when I realized I needed to take control of a dream. There is a lot of back story to what I am going to share, probably about 15 years worth. However, most of this 15 year span has been rather uneventful in some respects. Some of this freaks me out a little bit, as it has come back all of a sudden, and hopefully some here can shed some light.....there are not many places I can discuss this as people start to question my sanity ROFL.... I am perfectly sane and a productive member of society.

I don't really have any "super-powers" in my dreams, except I am a bit faster & stronger in sense (hard to describe), but I will become aware of being in a dream and from that point forward, I can alter the course of the dream and interact with the world around me as I so choose. Most of the time, throughout the dreams I will start taking mental notes of what I am seeing around me, obstacles where there were none before, specific smells, colors, items, names etc, so when I wake up I can write it down. There have been a few times where something painful, such as being shot, happened and I felt the pain in the real world for days following the dream. Some of my dreams will come true, almost exactly 9-12 months after having them, I usually have my wife make a note of it too so when I tell her about deja vu, she too remembers I told her it would happen.

With all of this being said, and there is a LOT more I could write, but the thing that brings me to this site is the dream I had last night. Because I hadn't had a lucid dream in a while, it took a few times before I recognized I was dreaming. Here are my rough notes:

The dream started out where I was in a different location, a city somewhere, but it wasn't specific and didn't seem crucial. It did feel familiar though. I was with 2 females, and I believe I know their names (this is part that goes back 15 years ago - but another story all together, they are not physical people), but I am not sure so we will call them Jane and Donna. We were in like an airport or something. There were a lot of people coming and going, but no actual airplanes or shuttles or anything like that. People just came in and out of doors. I saw my brother (who is 30), but in his 5 year old version of himself. We recognized each other. He had a little flip book, like those cartoons where you flip the corner and it makes the cartoon go through it's motions..... except every 10th or so picture, there was a picture of something dead, like a finger or toe, etc. All of the other pictures were of my mom, and the good memories he and I share. I remember asking him why he was there and he just shrugged his shoulders. We hung out for a few minutes and talked, then it was time for me to go, so Jane, Donna & I left. It was like a "warp" to a city/town somewhere else.

The 3 of us were walking through the city and were going to attend a wrestling match, like WWE (I am not a wrestling fan). On the way there it was day time and we passed many houses, we went inside a few of them and they seemed familiar but some of their layouts made no sense to me. At one house there was a bench and under the bench a flashlight, I picked up the flashlight, waved to an older man (all I could see was his figure and that he was older) and went along my way. We came to a school yard type area with a playground and kept walking. We arrived at the stadium and watched the first night of wrestling. At this point I was still not 100% aware that I was dreaming. After the match was over everyone hung around and there were a lot of people just hanging out.

My dream skipped ahead to the next night of wrestling, this is when I started to realize I was dreaming. But again, it had been quite some time and I just was not looking for symbols of being in a dream, it was still more like watching a movie in first person, than being part of the dream. Then the wrestling match ended. It was just me and the 2 females. We walked out and started down the stairs to the lobby. I noticed an older looking woman who was an usher or something and she said "have a good night" with a creepy smirk on her face. The lobby was empty. I walked towards the exit doors, they were glass, it was very dark outside, almost pitch black. I poked my head outside and other than a little bit of ambient light from 1 single lightpost, it was very very dark outside, and no one around. I walked outside with "Jane" & "Donna" and a gentleman walked past me and hit his shoulder into mine and shoved 1 of the females off to the side. I do not recall what I said to him, but it was challenging, yet tactiful in tone. I was not looking to start a fight, but that was unacceptable. He turned to walk towards me, and he too had a familiarity about him, and I knew he was not coming to give me a high-five lol. We started across the parking lot area back towards the way we came, and he along with others started coming at us. It was very dark still, and people would come out, try to stab me with pens, but could only write on me. This is when I thought ok, this has got to be a dream.....but I pulled out my phone and dialed 911. Someone from a department store answered the phone, and now I knew I was dreaming and could take control of the situation. I looked at Jane and she said, "I have someone on the phone who might be able to help." I tried talking to them but they just kept asking me what my exact location was. I didn't tell them. The 3 of us continued towards the way we came.

When we got past the playground, everything was getting darker and darker, almost to the blackest black you can imagine. I turned on the flashlight I had picked up the day before and even it barely illuminated the area enough to see. The path back was just a little bit wider than a sidewalk, almost like walking in an alley, but everyone's driveways and front porches connected to the alley. The first thing that was different was that there was a tree in the way, with a low hanging branch, there was just enough room for us to go under the branch. As we continued, most all of the houses were dark, no lights on or activity whatsoever. Then we came to the house where I picked up the flashlight. There was now a large table in the middle of the alley/pathway, it was not there before either. I also noticed my mom and my step dad looking in the large pane glass window. This house was light up bright and you could see in the windows very clearly. A lady came out and folded the table out of the way, the strange thing is how intricately the table folded ( can almost draw it).

At this point we were almost back to where we started the day before and there was one last house, it was also the first house we went in on the way to the wrestling match the day before. Again, everything about this house was familiar, except the layout, especially by the doorway and vestibule/entry way. We were standing inside the house and I noticed that the front door was opened and Jane had left. I asked Donna, where did she go. I can't recall her exact response, but it was something along the lines of "she said she had to go make a fire." I thought that was weird... who makes a fire in the middle of a city area and in the middle of the night during summer. We walked out the front door, I looked to the right, no sign of her (this is the way we had come from. I looked to the left, no sign of her, but this is the way we were headed. So I went this way. We made it back to the place we were staying, it was cement building, mostly like a hotel, with all of the doors facing to the outside balcony. Donna pointed to a door that was opened at the end of the hall and said "look, she must have been heading back here." Then she began to run towards the room. I ran as well, and there were obstacles that seemed to pop up along the way, but we just jumped over them.

When we got there, Donna stayed outside in the doorway. Jane was sitting in a chair, very still, stirring a pot of red sauce. There was some type of dough rolled out on the counter and on the stove as well. some of it had red sauce already on it, some didn't. I have no clue how that plays into this but it seemed extremely important. Jane mumbled something that I couldn't make out, and I started to walk towards her. Then I ran towards her to knock the pot from her hands. The very second I did this, thunder rolled. Thunder so loud that it shook the entire building, and I felt my bones rattling. It was as if lightning had struck 2 feet away. It literally took my breath away for a second. Jane then looked at me with a blank stare, and said "See....now I do have to kill you." Her voice was almost shaky as if she didn't want to, but HAD to. I started to feel myself lift off of the ground (I don't think it was me doing it at that point), and I was preparing to defend myself. I knew that there was more to this than I could understand at this point so I woke myself up.

I've never had to wake myself up like that before, at least in that intense of a moment. One thing that is odd to me is that I just realized that I have been having a very similar dream with "Jane." There is always a trigger that causes her to change her "posture," what that trigger is, I am still trying to figure out (now that I've connected some of the dots). Her reaction to me stopping her, as weird as this may sound, has ranged from being thankful and happy, as if I saved her....to saying she "has" to kill me. The thankfulness has been peppered in between the others, but there has been a definite progression. Those dreams have been recurring for the past few months. I just didn't pay much attention to them.

I understand that the interpretation or symbolism might only ever mean anything to me... if I can figure it out. However, if anyone has anything to add, I'm all ears. If you have specific questions, I will answer the best I can. I do have some of this written in journals, most of it was lost over the years, but I can explain or fill in gaps if needed.
Nav1179
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dreams becoming more vivid, and now lucid again.

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 am

Actually, Question? Are you a member of Dream Views? I think you would Benefit you to become a member there. They will help with all the Dream questions you may have.
Let me Refer you to Dream View.
Here: http://www.dreamviews.com/forum.php

~LauraW
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Dreams becoming more vivid, and now lucid again.

Postby Nav1179 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:23 am

I am not. This is the first dream forum that I've joined. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip.
Nav1179
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams