Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Waking up in a dream. What does it means?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Waking up in a dream. What does it means?

Postby dongtosh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:18 am

Last night I woke up in my bed and only to find out that I'm still in a dream because I saw myself lying in my bed. The weird thing is that I tried waking up three times before I finally reached the waking world. To make it more creepier, what I saw in my dream ( night light, arrangement of my bed, all the things outside my bed, everything) are exactly the same on waking world.

Did I just reached astral projection?
Last edited by dongtosh on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
dongtosh
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Waking up in a dream. What does it means?

Postby pokemariofan64 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

This happened to me once, too
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark".
pokemariofan64
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Scrappus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:04 am

Me too - I haven't been able to figure it out.
Please give me feedback or PM if any of my reading is accurate or not, a good reading is a blessing for us both. I have found that dreams can be a subconscious anticipation of issues soon to be experienced, be creative interpreting interpretations.
Scrappus
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby yournamehere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:53 am

The only time this happened to me i woke up in a pool of sweat, and my heart was racing.

You could always take a look around, and see if the rest of the world is just like the real one.

Some say there are two sides of yourself, and that is when you realize the truth of it.

Waking, and dreaming body.

Something like that???
yournamehere
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby small dreamer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:51 pm

dongtosh wrote:Last night I woke up in my bed and only to find out that I'm still in a dream because I saw myself lying in my bed. The weird thing is that I tried waking up three times before I finally reached the waking world. To make it more creepier, what I saw in my dream ( night light, arrangement of my bed, all the things outside my bed, everything) are exactly the same on waking world.

Did I just reached astral projection?

This happens to me pretty often. I'll "wake up" like three-seven times, but it seems so real because the dream always takes place where I am in real life including every accurate detail. I could (usually) even tell what time it was. The thing is, I'm always paralyzed when this happens. Nothing scary usually happens but sometimes if someone is near me, I think I tell them to wake me up but I find out that I actually never talked to them.

My friend said that false awakenings and sleep paralysis can be used as a step towards asteral projection. I wonder if that is true?
small dreamer
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby yournamehere » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:41 pm

A book from Carlos Castaneda comes to mind. The book is The Art Of Dreaming. Don Juan has him do a practice called the seven gates of dreaming. It awakens the dreaming body or something like that. Talks alot about "inorganic beings" too. Apparently it is a practice to train you to do astral stuff, lucid stuff, associate with these "inorganics" that you should probably stay away from, and also dreaming together. One of the things you do is wake up, and see yourself sleeping.

Been a while since I read it, definately out there somewhere in deep left field, but it's a fun book none the less.
yournamehere
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby rad11511 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:21 am

This happens to me pretty often too... once I realize that I'm still dreaming, different scenarios will play out but I will usually wake up quite a few times still in a dream before I know I'm back in real life. Same thing about trying to get my boyfriend next to me to wake me up or talking to him telling him about the dream I just had over and over that by the time I actually wake up I don't even feel like really telling him the dream.

http://radsdreams.blogspot.com/
rad11511
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams