Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Please Help! How Can I Force Myself To Have This Dream!?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Please Help! How Can I Force Myself To Have This Dream!?

Postby Dannyballsub » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 am

About a year ago I had arguably my best dream ever. I used it to write a novel and now I've led myself to a sequel and have ideas for it but think if I have a dream about the sequel I could begin writing it.
Any help please?

Reading the novel twice hasn't helped and thinking hard about my notes on it hasn't worked. Is there anything I can do to have this dream?
I can't copy what I did the night I had the original dream so it hasn't worked either.

I will be grateful for any help.
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Please Help! How Can I Force Myself To Have This Dream!?

Postby Galadirel » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:23 am

First of all, dont force yourself. Dont have to stress about it, it may cause you to dream about something else.

If you want this dream to be in your dreams or something like that, you should try lucid dreaming.
To experience lucid dreaming,
- Set aside 8 hours of sleep
- Spend atleast 5 minutes examining the world around during day.
- Take a 5- HTP supplement. Do not take the supplement if you are already on depression aids. It affects the serotonin levels in your brain.
- Take melatonin. Dreams may be more vivid with the help of melatonin.
- Take galantamine pills. Sleep researcher Stephen LaBerge is currently testing this drug for use with creating lucid dreams.

- Go to bed 30 mins - 1 hour before the time you want to fall asleep.
- Set your alarm for 5 hours from the point you think you will fall asleep.
- Take several 10-second breaths, inhaling for 10 seconds and exhaling for 10 seconds.
- Stare at your hands. Say “When I am dreaming, I will see my hands and know that I am dreaming." Close your eyes and try to picture your hands in detail.
- Close your eyes. Visualize your sequel or something . Go through it in detail until you fall asleep.
- Practice reality checks in your dream. When you think you might be awake, notice the area around you and try to see your hands.
- Wake up and allow yourself to doze for 15 minutes. Try to stay in a sleepy state and think of the dreams you’ve had.
- Start reading your notes once again.

When you're done practicing lucid dreaming,
You may start dreaming about your novel. Read your novel more often so that when you lucid dream, do what your novel says.
It may take 3-21 days to control your dreams but, if you follow my instructions you may get it in just about one night.

If i said anything that was incorrect inform me :)
Galadirel
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Dannyballsub » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks I'm not going to take any drugs but im gonna try these tips ans see what happens usually I can lucid dream by always looking for stuff that makes no sense. However recently ive had 'Blank Dreams' where the entire thing is an empty void and all I do is think the entire time. It makes my mornings feel weird but anyway im going to try out your tips. Anyone else have something to add before I go to sleep tonight?
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby A. B. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:16 am

5-HTP is considered fairly innocuous (sold over the counter as a food supplement), but don't take it if you're taking any other medicines that increase serotonin (SSRI or MAOI antidepressants, St. John's Wort, other medications that affect the brain e.g. epilepsy drugs, and, oddly, some cough medicines - check the medicine leaflet), or you could get too much. Personally I wouldn't go near Galantamine, it's a serious medical drug with a certain number of risks and side-effects.

Note that lucid dreaming is perfectly possible without taking anything at all, if you're lucky - I used to get them frequently, in fact I suspect I still do, only I don't remember my dreams well enough to be sure at the moment. From what I've heard, dream incubation (i.e. trying to prompt yourself to dream about a particular thing) doesn't actually require you to lucid dream, but one may make the other more likely, I don't know.

Had any luck? I'm trying to write something based on a dream I had, too, but my problem is I've had the dream but just can't get started writing!
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dannyballsub » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 am

Nothing still but on the plus side I had a dream that wasnt just thoughts man I was getting tired of listening to my thoughts all night honestly im not sure they were dreams but I felt like I was dreaming.

For your dream based book it will take work but its all a matter of recall and creative input for the dream I wrote into a novel halfway in the dream it turned into a scene where I was talking to a dude at a train station and using all my powers I was able to throw things in that reminded me of the awesome story that was happening and got on a train that made everything fade back into the dream I wanted but lost my powers on the way but the story kept going.

Anyway just recall the dream the best you can and create a summary of what its about. After that take a week of note writing like I did then by the second week you can begin.
My notes included what happened in each chapter. After so long I discovered so much I could do with the idea and turned it into a three part story with a sequel I cant figure out on the way!
For me when I write sometimes I see the words or pages scroll in front of me, I was lucky to have a lot of that during my note taking.
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby A. B. » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:45 am

Glad if you've had a proper dream, those blank ones sound like a really annoying kind of dream!

With mine, there isn't enough of the actual dream (that I can remember) to get me that far, so the rest I'll have to make up. But then I get into this silly problem; when I'm trying to do that, I'll start getting nervous that I'm missing the point or "that's not what the dream was really about". Which is silly, because I didn't start on this to give a faithful rendering of what the "message" of my dream was, I started on it because after I'd had the dream I just thought that something in it would actually be a great idea for a story. D'you think it's silly? Well, I do, anyway. Did you have that trouble with yours, and if so, how can you stop it! :blockhead:
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Send us a check if you don't.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Dannyballsub » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:28 am

A. B. wrote:Glad if you've had a proper dream, those blank ones sound like a really annoying kind of dream!

With mine, there isn't enough of the actual dream (that I can remember) to get me that far, so the rest I'll have to make up. But then I get into this silly problem; when I'm trying to do that, I'll start getting nervous that I'm missing the point or "that's not what the dream was really about". Which is silly, because I didn't start on this to give a faithful rendering of what the "message" of my dream was, I started on it because after I'd had the dream I just thought that something in it would actually be a great idea for a story. D'you think it's silly? Well, I do, anyway. Did you have that trouble with yours, and if so, how can you stop it! :blockhead:

This did happen with me and I don't think its silly. A lot of characters were see pontaneous as they could help the story. Also the dream had a plot but part of its foundation was missing so I had to create it. Thats what my week of notes was, filling in the holes while writing the summary for each chapter. Part two and part three of mine were not part of the dream but based on what I have done with the rest I was able to create something great.

I had a dream when I was much younger that stretched into a five part dream and wanted to write it but to this day I can write a couple chapters before I quit because its not how it was. Please don't let that happen to you, you just have to find some way to write it without thinking about the dream. Think how awesome the dream was after you write a little, after its finished, and whenever you write notes.

The blank dreams are mostly gone, (they were dreams I think) although every now and again my dreams disappear and I sit in emptiness as if my eyes are just closed and all I do is think. Eventually the dream might come back but either way I wake up and can't remember much from the dream but a lot of this 'Blank Dream' I need to figure out what they are, I can't be awake during them because I don't feel my body. I ONLY HEAR THOUGHTS! No one can handle this much of themselves I might go crazy if I havent already. :)
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby A. B. » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, mine as originally dreamt is full of holes too. It really only gives the beginning, and to some extent the end - at least enough that I know roughly where I'm heading, which is useful in a way. But even what I do have from the dream causes a problem, because it started off from one character's point of view, a few exciting things happened involving her, and then another character came along and it switched to him and he escaped and went on the run and left her and her situation behind. Well, you can't do that, a reader would be wanting to know what happened about her. But if I cut out too much of what happened to start with, I'm left not knowing why he's on the run at all - those events were the original reason he runs away. Need to stop yakking on here and read around a bit to try and get some ideas to mend the hole in my plot.

To get past the thing of trying to capture a "sort of general atmosphere" about my dream without being quite clear what it was and being worried I'll miss it, I've written down in a sentence or two each thing that I thought was particularly good/interesting about it (considering it as a story), and then I can see whether I'm doing that with what I'm writing or not. Things do tend to blow up into a big vague cloud if you only have them in your head.

I'm sure I've heard of those "blank dreams" or "thinking dreams", in connection with lucid dreaming, but I can't remember anything about them. Maybe you should start a new thread under that heading, see if anyone can advise you.
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dannyballsub » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:01 am

Hope the book works out for you. I haven't had the dream I was wanting yet but I started the sequel because I got a sudden boost. And sorted out seven chapters then the next day figured out more chapters. It just started flowing through me. You might be able to discover your own boost but for me I just started writing chapter summaries like so;

1. Our hero awakes in an empty field and does not remember how he got there but does remember a specific image very clearly. Our hero heads towards a lit up area past a large hill and discovers a wonderful city of which he unknowingly once ruled.//add side notes here such as a line for the story you dont want to forget.

That was 100 percent improve so it has nothing to do with my works and your free to use it as inspiration. Now obviously you want notes too but their not everything, I write a handful of notes maybe two or three for one chapter then one or two for another chapter depending on what I can think of for it.

The rest I improvise really, I have set lines, scenes and events planned out but I let 'it' write for me. I give 'it' my hand and 'it' learns from me while I learn from 'it'

Whatever 'it' is, its not physical but something that takes my hand and can tap into any event in my history or anything from my imagination.
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Scrappus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:10 am

Galadirel wrote:First of all, dont force yourself. Dont have to stress about it, it may cause you to dream about something else.

If you want this dream to be in your dreams or something like that, you should try lucid dreaming.
To experience lucid dreaming,
- Set aside 8 hours of sleep
- Spend atleast 5 minutes examining the world around during day.
- Take a 5- HTP supplement. Do not take the supplement if you are already on depression aids. It affects the serotonin levels in your brain.
- Take melatonin. Dreams may be more vivid with the help of melatonin.
- Take galantamine pills. Sleep researcher Stephen LaBerge is currently testing this drug for use with creating lucid dreams.

- Go to bed 30 mins - 1 hour before the time you want to fall asleep.
- Set your alarm for 5 hours from the point you think you will fall asleep.
- Take several 10-second breaths, inhaling for 10 seconds and exhaling for 10 seconds.
- Stare at your hands. Say “When I am dreaming, I will see my hands and know that I am dreaming." Close your eyes and try to picture your hands in detail.
- Close your eyes. Visualize your sequel or something . Go through it in detail until you fall asleep.
- Practice reality checks in your dream. When you think you might be awake, notice the area around you and try to see your hands.
- Wake up and allow yourself to doze for 15 minutes. Try to stay in a sleepy state and think of the dreams you’ve had.
- Start reading your notes once again.

When you're done practicing lucid dreaming,
You may start dreaming about your novel. Read your novel more often so that when you lucid dream, do what your novel says.
It may take 3-21 days to control your dreams but, if you follow my instructions you may get it in just about one night.

If i said anything that was incorrect inform me :)

Great advice, I've studied LaBerge too... my psych drugs keep me dreaming all the time. 2-3-4 dreams a night
Please give me feedback or PM if any of my reading is accurate or not, a good reading is a blessing for us both. I have found that dreams can be a subconscious anticipation of issues soon to be experienced, be creative interpreting interpretations.
Scrappus
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:12 am

The advise here is to poison the brain so it malfunctions. About like telling children to hang themselves so they orgasm. How absent must conscience be to promote that. How absent must intelligence be to listen to it.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby A. B. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Well, presumably the poster doesn't think these substances do poison the brain or they wouldn't have recommended them as safe. Idea presumably rather to help the brain do something it should be able to do but was failing to do, more like a medicine. Not sure I agree with the poster on those particular ones though, they all have strong effects of their own and it's possible for that to be the wrong effect, should leave things like that to doctors I think. Maybe not so much 5-HTP but even that I'm not sure, it certainly can cause bad symptoms rather than good ones (agitation, anxiety) in people who already have plenty of serotonin. I did once take 5-HTP for a health problem though (didn't work), but I can't remember whether my dreams showed any effect.

Only thing I've personally taken for dreams is vitamin B6. If you happen to be short of B6 it mucks up your dream recall and taking B6 fixes it (can speak from personal experience), whereas if it wasn't that and you don't need any more B6 it just goes out the other end and no harm done. Things that have effects in their own right, irrespective of being deficient in anything or what have you, can always have the wrong effect if you don't know what you're doing.
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Good job focusing critique on the message rather than the person.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby A. B. » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:33 am

:oops: :D OK Sheena no need to rub it in.
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:59 am

Yes, on this site of vicious children there is a sore and crying need.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Dannyballsub » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:40 am

Im not going to take medicine to get this dream, I focused on the other suggestions which are safer. Im not trying to start something, I don't ever take medicine of any kind even when im sick so no drugs.
The poster did mention the specifics of when not to use it so im sure he meant no harm and was trying to help out which he did.
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:34 pm

And we are sure that poster is a trained licensed pharmacist.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Lucid Dreams