Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

how do you use your powers?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

how do you use your powers?

Postby Dannyballsub » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:20 am

I normally just go with the dream and let it do its thing but change certain things to benefit the story of the dream or what I want to happen.
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: how do you use your powers?

Postby A. B. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 am

My dream recall's been largely AWOL for the last year or so, but when I was having a lot of lucid dreams, I used to do much the same as you - I'd just walk around and explore the dream to see what happened. My dreams usually come up with much more interesting things than I can make up consciously, anyway. But if nothing seemed to be happening then I'd try and fly, also if I came to water I would go swimming (I don't get the chance to swim in real life).

A thing I used to do was if something was chasing me or attacking me in a lucid dream, I would just stop and let it come. Then it wouldn't know what to do and would just stop or disappear. When I started using this site, I was puzzled by all the people discussing how to conjure up guns or super-powers to fight off dream monsters - because once I know that they're dream monsters, I don't have to do anything about them at all. Does that not happen for everyone?
A. B.
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dannyballsub » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:26 am

When I'm chased by something (Usually alligators for some stupid reason) what I do when it becomes lucid is just go with it and turn it into a little game but sometimes I'm not in the mood so I just walk casually away and change the dream completely but then the alligators appear again and I lose my powers so I freak out. :)
Dannyballsub
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby small dreamer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 pm

When I am lucid, I usually am searching for a person that I need to talk to in real life. I have the ability to teleport, but it wakes me up... I usually try to fly but for some reason I can only fly when I'm fighting badguys. The best I can do is jump far distances (like a few blocks in one jump)
small dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Caesar » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:43 am

small dreamer wrote:When I am lucid, I usually am searching for a person that I need to talk to in real life. I have the ability to teleport, but it wakes me up... I usually try to fly but for some reason I can only fly when I'm fighting badguys. The best I can do is jump far distances (like a few blocks in one jump)

Try astral projection if you want to talk to someone else who isn't a product of your imagination.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby small dreamer » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:16 pm

i've always had trouble with astral projection, the closest i ever got was when it happened by accident for a few secconds. Although, someone told me that sleep paralysis can be like a stepping stone to astral projection?
small dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Lucid Dreams