Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Rewinding Dreams

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Rewinding Dreams

Postby white*witch » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 am

I started lucid dreaming when I was really little. One time in particular, I had a dream in black and white. Some boy I knew was outside my window (I was like 8 and had a crush on him even though I'd never spoken to him) so I went outside. I really enjoyed the dream, and then I really enjoyed one part - so I rewound it. It was like I actually had a remote for my brain, I watched everything swivel backwards to a desired point, then played it once more. However when I tried to do it again it just went to shit and I woke up. I remember my brother saying I was lying and that
1. You can't dream in black and white
2. You can't rewind your dreams

Has anyone else been able to rewind and replay? :heartpump:
white*witch
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Rewinding Dreams

Postby left22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:17 pm

I have often gotten stuck in a dream loop, forwards and backwards

Time is an illusion one that dreams go out of their way to reveal and have us overcome.

The trick to lucid dreaming is to control by not controlling to influence without forcing.

“Some colors exist in dreams that are not present in the waking spectrum.” ~Terri Guillemets

“At the end of my dream, Eve put the apple back on the branch. The tree went back into the ground. It became a sapling, which became a seed.”
― Jonathan Safran Foer
"Childhood is the dream that allows us to understand what we do not yet know." ― Muriel Barbery
left22
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Galadirel » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:52 am

I have experienced this. i have dreamed in black and white. This normally happens to old people when television was only Black and White.
Or, maybe you're mind just really likes that color. I already had one dream where i could change the colors like a filter type. And about the rewinding dreams,
i already have tried that too. Its like day dreaming only, when you are asleep. Only few can do this. I can even dream in third person! It was crazy :neer:
Galadirel
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Rurouni » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:54 am

I have read somewhere, that we usually dream in black and white indicating a "normal" dream where we process daily occurences. And when we have a colourful dream it means, that we are actually astro projecting.
I never believed that because my dreams, as far as I remember them, are usually colourful and not even close to astro projection. But I know that in some of my dreams the colours are dull and greyish.

As for rewinding, this happens to me usually in the morning when I sleep in. I wake up from a dream, check the clock, turn around to sleep some more and find myself caught inside the same dream. This morning I dreamt I was inside a house with some friends and we just managed to escape when a bomb went off inside that house. I had this dream twice. The first time we just ran when the dog went crazy. The second time we were in a different room and when the dog went crazy I spotted the bomb with ticking timer under a bed or bench leaving us only seconds to get out. I'm still not sure, though, if Granny survived or got a heart attack along the way. :P

In such case my conciousness is mostly split in two, the watcher, who observes and knows that it is a dream, and the acting person, who's not aware of the dream state. I can actively pull myself in and out the dream but I cannot control what's going on.
Rurouni
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby ChronicDreamer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:01 am

Once, a friend of mine casually pointed out that it's obvious when something is a dream because it'll be in black and what. She was really surprised when the rest of us told her we all dream in color.

I did rewind one of my dreams once. I think it symbolizes being in control and distances you from the dream.
ChronicDreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Lady Daffodil » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:12 am

Interesting...I've never been able to willingly rewind a dream. With some particularly pleasant dreams, I wish I could.

Talking about dreaming in black and white, I remember hearing or reading a long time ago that people only dream in black and white and it's unusual to dream in color. I've always dreamed in color, so I thought I must be unusual. I don't think I've ever dreamed in black and white (that I can remember anyway), although I've sometimes had dreams where I couldn't see clearly.
Lady Daffodil
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Return to Lucid Dreams