Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Forgotten Classes

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Forgotten Classes

Postby Arcturus Arothe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:22 pm

So here's an interesting recurring dream I've been having lately:

I am back in college for some reason. The location is kind of a combination of the two that I went to, and I doubt that matters, but you never know. Anyway, so I'm going through my semester there, and then suddenly, partway through, I completely forget everything about one or two (unspecified) classes that I'm enrolled in for that semester, except for the fact that I constantly know that I'm missing them each session, and stressing about trying to attend, but I can't because I just can't go to a place I don't know I'm supposed to be, nor when, nor even the subject anymore. I notice that the grades for these classes are D or F, and I seem to understand that I DO have these classes, but I can't remember what they are no matter how hard I try, nor can I opt out of them by this point. I never get any closer to figuring things out, and at the end of the semester, I fail these classes (naturally), as well as a few others because I stressed out about missing these ones. The strangest part is that, periodically, I somehow manage to SOMETIMES attend these classes for one or two days in the middle of this memory lapse, but never remember actually how I got there or left, yet remembering only that I was there (as well as coming out with homework which I tried very hard to turn in when I could manage to attend in succession). The sheer amount of stress this dream makes me feel always wakes me up a few hours before I intend to in real life. Usually about 6.

The problem with this dream is that I can't return to it with a solution from my conscious world, because I can't return to it on demand at all, which is unusual for me, as I have a lot of experience with re-summoning recent dreams (albeit without color upon re-summon).
Arcturus Arothe
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Forgotten Classes

Postby murph » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:36 am

Just a guess. High school represents the higher meaning or lesson to be learned in life.
The mind tries to figure out the meaning of life and can never do this. Life itself created the mind and this creative energy/source energy can only be experieced. The dream suggests you do get there occassionly..in truth we all exist in this energy but its only accessed when the mind has been quietened Or kept still. Trying to figure it all with mind will stress you and drive you crazy. Hope this helps.
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Forgotten Classes

Postby Arcturus Arothe » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:53 am

Ah, I should clarify. American college. In other words, university.
Arcturus Arothe
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams