Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Sudden increase in dream recall

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Sudden increase in dream recall

Postby Raevix » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:01 pm

I posted this in the general topic forum and would really like some insight

Hello.

A question for any whom many answer. A little about my sleep statistics...... I have a dream rate, that I can remember, of about 2-4 dreams per week with about half of them being lucid dreams. I have, in the last 6 months, been listening to Binaural Beats when sleeping to try and increase my Lucid Dreaming. It has been about 1 month since I have listened to the Binaural Beats, and the other night I realized I have been dreaming with dream recall almost every single night for the past 2 weeks. Since I have realized this, I have been keeping a dream log, and sure enough I am remembering 1-3 dreams a night. I can often remember the moment of transition between the various dreams, and more often than not at least one of the dreams I have in a night becomes lucid.

This is unusual for me, as I said, I normally remember my dreams at a rate or 2-4 per week. The ONLY difference I can think of is the Binaural Beats i listened too a few weeks ago. I expected and anticipated a increase in lucid dreaming but I did not expect I would start to remember more and more dreams per night.

Does anyone with knowledge know if this is normal? I Love dreaming and I love Lucid dreaming even more. The sudden increase in dream recall rate is disconcerting. This is especially true since it has been a few weeks since I have listened to the Binaural Beats. While listening to the beats I did experience a slight increase in lucid dreaming but nothing too dramatic.

So to recap I dream recall about 2-4 times a week with half being lucid dreams. I started to listen to Binaural Beats and saw a increase in Lucid Dreams. I have not listened to the beats in about a month and have noticed a huge increase in dream recall of about 1-3 per night.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Raevix
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Sudden increase in dream recall

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 pm

When I record my dreams I have a better recall of my dreams from the night before.
If I don't record them, then the dreams are sketchy.

I think writing them down helps to train your brain and your subconscious that this is important so when you wake up , it becomes easier.

There are nights when I am aware that I have had 3,4 dreams but that is rare. Although I am often aware of two dreams.

Who knows, maybe I dream more and don't remember them.

And I think fatigue and having a good nights sleep is important too.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Lucid Dreams