Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Control dreams

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Control dreams

Postby Gameof » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:53 am

How can I control my dreams? I remember my dreams but can't control them.
Gameof
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Control dreams

Postby Statuesque_Beauty8 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Before you attempt an induction technique, you must make sure you get an adequate amount of sleep. The average is around 7-10 hours, depending on your age and other factors. Dreams happen on average at 90-minute intervals, following alongside your REM sleep pattern. Waking up at 90-minute time periods to attempt a Wake-Back-To-Bed (WBTB) is also useful to help induce deep REM sleep, or the dream periods of your sleep.

Daily Practices:

Do you have a Dream Journal?

Dream Journal: Provided you are getting adequate amounts of sleep, there are several actions you can take throughout the day to increase your success in having a lucid dream. The first, and possibly most important, is keeping a dream journal. Simply write any and all dreams you can remember the moment you wake up. Even if you only remember a few fragments, feelings, thoughts, colors or shapes, ANYthing you put down will only help you increase your dream recall. And afterall, what's the point of having a lucid dream if you can't remember it. Your journal can also be a useful tool in finding your dream signs. A dream sign is any recurring element in your dreams, which can help you attain lucidity in the future. Additionally, your dream journal is a good place to list the times you wake up, which can help you hone in on when to perform WBTB.

Reality Checks: The next important activity is to increase your daily awareness. The more aware you are of the 'little things' throughout the day, the less you will take for granted. Put simply, you'll be more likely to realize you're dreaming the next time you see something that doesn't make sense. One way to increase awareness is by performing reality checks. A reality check is a little test you do, to see if you are dreaming or not. The most obvious is to ask yourself "Am I dreaming right now?" That can sometimes fail, so you can also try more physical ones, like trying to push your finger through the palm of your hand, or pinching your nose and seeing if you can still breath through your nose. You can usually accomplish those last two in a dream, whereby indicating that you are, in fact dreaming.

Awareness: The key to lucid dreaming is awareness, out of all daily practices awareness is probably the most important. Many people believe that performing reality checks is what makes you lucid, although your chances of lucidity are greatly increased if you practice awareness first and use reality checks to solidify your suspicions in a dream. To begin practicing awareness, you should notice everything around you in the waking world multiple times throughout the day.

Hope this helps?
Statuesque_Beauty8
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Control dreams

Postby Gameof » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:13 am

Thx for the tips.
Gameof
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Lucid Dreams