Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Any tips on understanding that it's a dream?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Any tips on understanding that it's a dream?

Postby dibens1 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:05 am

I have had this problem for a long time. I use Russian lucid dreaming induction techniques done upon waking up. The problem is I understand that I had a lucid dream only after waking up, it's too realistic.
For example I move, get up and think "crap, I moved for real" and go back to sleep, then wake up and see that it's still dark, it was bright as day when I moved. So I started using eye mask, but that doesn't really help either, I always think that the mask has fallen off, it just feels so real.
Today I "opened" my eyes, was paralyzed and tried to move non-physically, but moved physically (at least I thought so) so I gave up again. Then I opened my eyes for real, I actually slept at exactly the same position as in the dream. Also only after waking up I understood the music I heard was not real, I had ear plugs. What I'm trying to say is - it's too realistic, it's impossible to distinguish the dream from real life. Any advice, tips, experiences?
Thanks.
dibens1
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Any tips on understanding that it's a dream?

Postby paradreamer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Try a reality check, like in Inception. :)
paradreamer
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Any tips on understanding that it's a dream?

Postby Raevix » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:55 pm

I only know what works for me.

As soon as I even suspect I might be in a dream I bite my tongue. If I feel pain then I know I am not dreaming. If I do not feel pain then I try and Jump and see how long it takes to hit the ground with me not trying to hit the ground. As soon as these steps are taken and I know I am in a dream then I examine my dream to see what it is about. I personally try experiments in my dreams to test my limits. As a side note... try meditating in a dream..... It is ...interesting
Raevix
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams