Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lucid Nightmares?

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Lucid Nightmares?

Postby Tiftiy » Thu May 21, 2015 9:21 pm

I become lucid in dreams quite often, but I've learned not to try to change anything. Every time I try to change absolutely anything all of the people around me become very hostile and almost demonic. There faces twist into looks of hatred, the whole nine yards. Sometimes things will become grotesque, like something normal turns into a mess of guts, stuff like that.

Also, I've tried to fly once to escape people trying to kill me and just fell from the top of a building and broke both legs.

Anybody else have this problem?
Tiftiy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Lucid Nightmares?

Postby jillime » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:36 pm

I don't have dreams like that... I have reoccurring dreams I get every now and then. It's not always the same story, but the same situation. A bit scary
jillime
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Galadirel » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:02 am

YES! i have experienced this. It was scary. I didnt even know that i was dreaming, which was the worst type.
I can control myself but yet never seemed to notice. I dont think its lucid dreaming cause for what i know,
lucid dreams are type of dreams where you actually know that you are dreaming.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To see a killer in your dream suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something. The point where you try to fly and escape but fell, it represents that you feel exhausted and reached maximum capacity. You feel that you can't hold on anymore. Broken bones signifies a loss of strength and ability. ( this is all i could help you with for now ) :)
Galadirel
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby swor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:41 am

The closest I've come to a lucid nightmare is as follows, but be warned it's a pretty longish story.

I awaken in the dream, and look around to realize that I'm standing in the middle of a path that stretches on as far as I can see. Everything around me is green and pretty, some trees scattered around the area, but nowhere near enough of them to call it a forest, more like a field. Anyways, I start on down the path, noticing that the leaves of the trees are colors of orange and such. Eventually I come across a group of zombies, and conjure up a long staff/stick into my hand and proceed to fight them, eventually getting swarmed and surrounded. Somehow I manage to fight my way free of them and at that point decide that I've had enough and sprint down the path away from the 7-15 zombies. Much to my surprise as I think about it now (though at the time i wasn't at all worried, more enjoying myself than anything) I suffered no bites or wounds. Continuing down the path, I come across a large white stone archway sitting right in the middle of it, and gaze down the path to see what lies ahead past it, noting that it looks just the same as the area I was currently in: Lovely, bright and green. Shrugging, I continue underneath the arch, and immediately find myself surrounded by darkness in the middle of some foreign town. Now standing on a dirt road, I look around and see houses with no lights on, and look forward to see a somewhat familiar white car driving towards me slowly, with the lights on. It stops and I walk up to the car, peeking inside to notice my grandmother in the drivers seat, staring forward at nothing at all. I tap on the glass, and call out to her, trying to grab her attention, at which point she puts the car into reverse, backing up a little. Confused, I stand there and call to her again.. "Grandma, are you alright?" She simply stares forward, not even seeming to look at me, but right past me, and suddenly drives forward at me quickly, trying to hit me with her car. I step aside, and she nearly misses, trying once more to hit me. She misses again, at which point I have enough time to look up and notice a large bonfire off to my left in a field. The bonfire resembling that of the one in the film The Last Exorcism, I decide that I no longer wish to stay in this bizarre place, and force myself to wake up. Upon waking up I have the normal sleep paralysis that usually comes after a lucid dream for me.

The end.

Can anyone tell me what any of this means??
swor
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams