Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lucid dream into sleep paralysis

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Lucid dream into sleep paralysis

Postby Ryansiems » Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Last night I had a dream that I believe became lucid, possibly even an out of body experience. What came after puzzles me and I would like to know a bit more input on the situation.

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall asleep. My mind was wandering and slowly I began to drift off to sleep. As I was stuck in the stage between sleep and not sleep I began to dream. I remember being completely aware I was dreaming and for some reason had the urge to fly. The odd part of this was that instead of walking around, I remember lifting out of my body and floating upwards. I drifted through my house and through different rooms seeing the morning sun as it began to rise. I flew up and up higher into the sky and was soaring around the town I live in when something urged my to go back and I began to fall down. I can remember falling backwards at a constant rate and landing back in my body which had partially fallen out of bed. Without opening my eyes I climbed back in, but I had a sense that I was not alone. I opened my eyes and to the right of my bed there was a hooded figure. The hood was a tan color but I could make out a head and shoulders. At this point is where the sleep paralysis came in. I was staring at this figure and could not move or make any noise. I was frozen. The figure then fell forward and I can remember a pressure on my body as that happened. I closed my eyes at that point and reopened them. The figure was gone and I could move again. I was fully awake at that point.

I'm not really sure what this means. I've never had a lucid dream or any sort of out of body experience. I don't know what to make of the events that happened. I only feel that whatever the figure is, it was pulling me back down??

Does anyone have any input to make sense of this?
Ryansiems
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Lucid dream into sleep paralysis

Postby Merican » Tue May 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Alright, this is going to sound crazy but listen to me. My friend has had this happen to him but not the same dream. He told me that when an alien is present (which is what the hooded figure probably was) you can't move or do anything. What you were experiencing in your dream could have been you being abducted. My friend also told me that to prevent that from happening you can put holy water in front of all entrances to your room. You should do the holy water method if this continues to happen. :whoa: When I have stayed at his house he claims it was standing in his room and he couldn't wake me up. He wasn't able to speak or move or look away. I hope I helped you/ relieved you of what you are trying to figure out.
Merican
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams