Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Realistic Nightmare Truck Accident

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Realistic Nightmare Truck Accident

Postby tquilly » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 am

Do you ever have horrible dreams? I just woke up from one. I had such a bad reaction to it and I was wondering what it meant, and why it was so real.

My car was in the shop, so I was renting a vehicle, it was a red tractor trailer truck. I exited the highway, but the exit divided into two parts - highway 3 or highway 47. I chose 3, the left option, guessing but unsure. Figured I could always turn around if I was wrong. The turn was tighter than I thought it would be, and I ended up flying through the guardrail into a gas station beside the turn, located under an overpass. I remember taking the turn too wide, I also remember texting while driving. I hit something and I thought it was a car.

I pulled into the gas station and waited and waited - no sign of the drivers whose car I hit. I thought I identified the car I'd hit, but there seemed to be nobody in it. Nobody saw the accident at the station. There appeared to be a police officer at the scene of the crime nearly immediately, but his car was empty too. I eventually got back into the car and drove home, but not before I called my dad. "You probably hit a column of the overpass" he said, which would have explained the damage. Maybe he was right. I was doubtful. I didn't think the truck would drive home - there was smoke when I first hit something and the drivers' side fender was hopelessly dented in. But I drove home, and soon enough (almost instantly) I was there.

I immediately open a newspaper when I get out my truck at my dad's. I think the newspaper was lying in my dad's driveway. On the front, it shows a hand holding my glasses, and the caption reads "A librarian-ish encounter? Young boy and father die, hit and run". I can't breathe. It was someone. I immediately think of calling my boyfriend to let him know. I am filled with guilt, he has to know I am a murderer and I need to see his reaction on this so I can figure out how to regard myself. I run in to show the article to my dad. When I get in, the article has changed wording and it now says simply "hit and run" - it mentions nothing of death. I think about it, and realize they will not figure out it was me - no witnesses, nobody ever approached me at the scene of the crime. I Google how much the repair of the truck will be.

I wake up terrified, sitting in bed for ten+ minutes still trying to figure out how to tell my dad and work I didn't have a car, and maybe killed someone. I was awake, but it was just that real of a dream, so much so that I continued to think it was part of real life.
tquilly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Lucid Dreams